new Sig P220 Compact SAS

This is a discussion on new Sig P220 Compact SAS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey All, Just won a GB auction for a brand new Sig P220 Compact SAS model.... I see these things selling for over 850 bucks, ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By pogo2

Thread: new Sig P220 Compact SAS

new Sig P220 Compact SAS

Hey All,
    Just won a GB auction for a brand new Sig P220 Compact SAS model....
    I see these things selling for over 850 bucks, easily, and I paid......625 with shipping!

I was anxiously counting down the seconds, hoping this one would slip through the cracks, and it did!
    when i phoned the seller for payment info, I asked how he was able to sell so cheap.
    He replied that, "during the SHOT Show, Sig reps offered him his first Sigs for a significant discount"
    I always hear people bragging about GB auctions, but I have always seen high prices on GB.

I will post pics and a complete review next week or so....

Also: please share your Sig P220 stories or pics....please!

2. Remove Ads

You got a screamin' deal. I just checked my records, and I got my Sig 220 exactly 9 years ago for $690 plus tax!

Mine has several thousand rounds through it but spends most of its time in the safe these days, with various 1911s and other guns serving primary duty. It went back to Sig for a factory refresh about 3 years ago (new springs, modest action job, and night sights) so it's in prime shape whenever I need it. And that gun has never, ever failed to chamber a round or fire - and my Glock 23 doesn't have that kind of reliability record. It was also the most accurate out-of-the-box centerfire handgun I ever bought.

Good luck with yours!
    wheelyfun101 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

It's a SIG. You scored mightily. Accuracy is phenominal, reliability is the same, ergos are the best (opinion there), and it even looks awesome.

As I said, it's a SIG. You have scored mightily.

in the summer of 2011 i found a used/mint P-220 Elite for sale at a local gun show for $850 out the door. i'd wanted one for years. i nearly sprained my wrist trying to get my wallet out of my pocket at warp speed.

the only bad part was that the beautiful rosewood grips made the gun too big for my smallish hands, so i had to replace them with special Sig "thinner" plastic grips.

Sig P220s

A couple of years ago I became interested in Sig P220s, after focusing more on 1911s for my .45 usage. I already had a couple of Sigs in 9mm and .40, and liked the way Sigs felt. I found a stainless version of the P220 with weight and barrel length similar to a standard 1911, and started to shoot it. I found that I could actually do better with it than most 1911s, and I liked the comfortable shape of the grip. Later I found the compact version of the P220, the P245, and bought that for carry use. The P245 was just as accurate and reliable as the full size P220. So now I'm set with two .45 Sigs and think very highly of them.

wheelyfun101 likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

IMAG0274.jpg

I've had mine for a couple of months now. It is everything the others have said so far. Absolutely awesome firearm. I hope you enjoy it!

Links