Any sccy cpx-2 owners out there? - Page 2

Any sccy cpx-2 owners out there?

This is a discussion on Any sccy cpx-2 owners out there? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; love mine. cpx-2 put about 200 rounds thru it no problems at all....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any sccy cpx-2 owners out there?

love mine. cpx-2
    put about 200 rounds thru it no problems at all.

SCCY 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    I've been curious about the SCCY second generation CPX-2 and doing some research on google, etc., and am starting to be impressed with what I've seen and read. Seems they have pretty much fixed the original problems and now have a much better gun to offer at a very reasonable price--- the SS version can be had for under $300 and comes with two 10 rd. mags. On one video-- guntorturetests.com, the guy dropped the gun from a height of 9 feet onto a concrete floor and the only damage sustained was the front sight popped off; and he easily put it back on! He stated he has over 2,000 rds. through it and it functions perfectly. I'm getting close to wanting one but would like to hear from those who have had some experience with it. Thanks.
    I have been shooting for a number of years. I have shot and owned many types of guns including flintlocks. I have been upset in recent years by the huge price jumps in guns. I have been told that you get what you pay for. However, I am amazed by the SCCY 9mm (GPX-2). It is inexpensive and is made in the US. It has a lifetime warranty that goes with the gun not the shooter. Of all the small arms that are 380s or higher in caliber, this gun stands out. I have fired many rounds and have had no problems. It is well designed and seems well made. It is very accurate and feels right in my hands (can be used for lefties). I did do one thing to this weapon, I added some (stick on) grips to it to make it feel like my Clock. This improves the person's ability to hold the grip better when firing. The gun probably gives the other companies like Sig a headache. The Sig P938 can go for over $700 but the GPX-2 can cost as low as $250. The SCCY also fits my conceal holster better then the other small arms I have tried. There is one drawback. The nose of the unit is designed like a Walther PPK. Therefore, there is no rail if you want to add a laser. I redesign all kinds of things and know that a simple modification could allow a laser that fits weapons like the Sig P238 but I am not planning to fire this small arm at 25 yards like I do with my S&W M41.

I have a sccy cpx 2 and i love it.. i got it for $250.. I already put 300 rounds thru it with no problems

SCCY owner

Bought a SCCY 9mm a few weeks ago. Put about 200 rounds through it. Works just fine. A little bit more recoil than expected, but appears to be a good solid and inexpensive firearm.

I have the CPX-2 with the SS slide, Had it for about a year and at least 500 rounds with no issues what so ever. I do use it as a carry pistol sometimes with the Desantis IWB softuck holster.I really like mine. The ttrigger pull is long, like all of my other DAO pistols, however it shoots well.

Like my Sccy CPX2

Got my Sccy CPX2 about a month ago. Put 100 rounds thru it, zero problems. I like it. I prefer the flat bottoms over the pinky-lip bottoms, glad they send both. Also like they send 2 mags. My mags don't seat very easily tho. I emailed Customer Service and the next day they were asking my address to ship new mag bottoms to me. Excellent Customer Service! I'm happy with my purchase.

I bought a sccy cpx 2 stainless model and I love it.Good gun for a good price.I would tell anyone to buy this gun.Glad I got it when I did cant find one in stores now long waiting list.

I have put several hundred rounds through my Gen. 2 SCCY and it appears to be a solid, inexpensive 9mm. I like it although it won't replace my S&W .40c or Shield, for the money I would reccommend it thus far.
    A Wise Man Changes His Mind, but a Fool Never Does

Wife and I have been going to local ranges and test firing guns to find one that both of us would be comfortable with. Both were happy with the Ruger SR9c when I heard about the CPX-2s. Couldn't find a range that had any as rentals but we found some to try out the fit and size and ended up getting a pair for just a hair over what we would have paid for the ruger. We have fired about 400 rounds through each and other than the wife's being more accurate than mine is we are happy with them. While travelling to visit her folks in Florida, we stopped in and were given a private tour of the facility. Found out about some upgrades/mods they are developed so sent our guns in for the upgrades. When we get them back I will post a picture of a CPX-2 next to a SR9c (daughters) and a S&W MP9 (daughters boyfriend's) for a size comparison. In the meantime I do have a picture of the wife's gun after she had some customization done to it....(sure glad I have my own and don't have to share carry with her's)
    IMG_6583.jpg
    IMG_4557.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wrearick View Post
    Wife and I have been going to local ranges and test firing guns to find one that both of us would be comfortable with. Both were happy with the Ruger SR9c when I heard about the CPX-2s. Couldn't find a range that had any as rentals but we found some to try out the fit and size and ended up getting a pair for just a hair over what we would have paid for the ruger. We have fired about 400 rounds through each and other than the wife's being more accurate than mine is we are happy with them. While travelling to visit her folks in Florida, we stopped in and were given a private tour of the facility. Found out about some upgrades/mods they are developed so sent our guns in for the upgrades. When we get them back I will post a picture of a CPX-2 next to a SR9c (daughters) and a S&W MP9 (daughters boyfriend's) for a size comparison. In the meantime I do have a picture of the wife's gun after she had some customization done to it....(sure glad I have my own and don't have to share carry with her's)
    IMG_6583.jpg
    IMG_4557.jpg
    my wife would flip over that one
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Well, I got mine yesterday. I haven't been able to fire it yet because I can't find any ammo locally and what I find online is still too high. (Any suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me with online suggestions). Also, what is the best ammo for use with this?

It is going to be my EDC because my only other gun is a 1950 .38 Colt Police Positive Special that weighs about 14 pounds (sarc). Anyway it is much too heavy and big for CC, that is why I got the SCCY.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Look like a kel Tec copy, just like the Ruger. How do the insides differ?
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Well made and great CS, but too " snappy " for my taste. Got myself a Taurus Slim 709 with SS slide and am extremely pleased with it. For the money, though, the SCCy is hard to beat.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by JCip View Post
    The gun probably gives the other companies like Sig a headache. The Sig P938 can go for over $700 but the GPX-2 can cost as low as $250.
    You might as well say "Kia probably gives companies like BMW a headache."

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Well, I got mine yesterday. I haven't been able to fire it yet because I can't find any ammo locally and what I find online is still too high. (Any suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me with online suggestions). Also, what is the best ammo for use with this?

It is going to be my EDC because my only other gun is a 1950 .38 Colt Police Positive Special that weighs about 14 pounds (sarc). Anyway it is much too heavy and big for CC, that is why I got the SCCY.
    I do not carry mine all the time, but I keep it loaded with 124GR +P+ they are very snappy in the sccy. That is what I would recommend you carry. For regular practice run the 115 GR FMJs.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links