Any sccy cpx-2 owners out there?

This is a discussion on Any sccy cpx-2 owners out there? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been curious about the SCCY second generation CPX-2 and doing some research on google, etc., and am starting to be impressed with what I've ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Any sccy cpx-2 owners out there?

I've been curious about the SCCY second generation CPX-2 and doing some research on google, etc., and am starting to be impressed with what I've seen and read. Seems they have pretty much fixed the original problems and now have a much better gun to offer at a very reasonable price--- the SS version can be had for under $300 and comes with two 10 rd. mags. On one video-- guntorturetests.com, the guy dropped the gun from a height of 9 feet onto a concrete floor and the only damage sustained was the front sight popped off; and he easily put it back on! He stated he has over 2,000 rds. through it and it functions perfectly. I'm getting close to wanting one but would like to hear from those who have had some experience with it. Thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I have no direct expreience with them, but have read that people with the 2nd generation like them and say they are more reliable than the 1st gen. I also met a guy at the range with one and he said that he had a 1st gen and did not like it and sold it and took a chance with the 2nd gen and is very pleased with it. God Bless
    Philly Boy likes this.

either gen are quite accurate little guns . if you have big hands the 1st gen will not work for you . The safety will engage during recoil & rub ur thumb knuckle raw lol
    Philly Boy likes this.

I have a gen 1. The safety will engage, they have a fix for that. They have a life time warrenty. If anything breaks, or doesnt work right they will fix it. The gun is not a bad gun, The Gen 2 have the bugs worked out of them. IMO its a pretty good gun for the money.....
    Philly Boy, 45MINK and Bad Bob like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I agree for the money nice little gun

I have a cpx-1 Gen 2 with new molded safety so it can be flipped on by rrecoil and love it. Still prefer my citadel 1911cs Better though

Happy with my Gen 2...

Had a little trouble with the spring coming out of the groove in the trigger bar.

Got on the SCCY forum and they sent me a revised one for free.

This past July 4th I ran about 250 rounds through it and only problem I had were 3 light strikes.

Let them know about that and I recieved a new hammer and spring in the mail about a week later.

Good gun for the money I guess; I'm pleased with mine.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

I forgot in my first post to add.. There customer service is outstanding. I have never dealt with a company that was willing to make things right so quickly...Incredible.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

THANKS, Guys! Went out today and got the SS version and only had time to shoot one box:had one FTE and all others were no
    problem. Cleaned it up and it's back in my DeSantis holster. With the lifetime warranty from the SCCY folks and, having bought it from a Davidson's dealer, I shouldn't have to worry if things go "south." Thanks for all the input; it really helped me to make up my mind.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Hey Philly Boy are you able to post pictures of your SCCY and your G26 showing how they compare in size ??? God Bless

A buddy of mine recently look over as service manager for them... He's a real gun guy. I'm going to pass along all the compliments to his company and product.
    Philly Boy likes this.

VBVAGUY: Sorry, I don't have pics but I can tell you the G26 has a 3.5" barrel and the Sccy has a 3.1" one. The G26 is 21.7 oz, the SCCY is 15 oz. and has a stainless slide. The two 10 rd. mags have the pinky extensions already attached and they include the flat bases for those who want that option. All in all, my first experience with one box of 124 gr. S&B's was a good one. And for under $300 with a lifetime warranty that FOLLOWS THE GUN, NOT THE OWNER, how can one not make out on this deal?And it fits great in my pocket with the Nemesis holster.
    Also, the comments from many owners that I've read say the CS is the best around. One guy drove his "bike" in from the area and they fixed the gun while he waited!! Now, that's service!

By the way, I was looking at the SCCY site today and made a discovery which may not be news to some of you, but here it is;the only difference between the CPX-1 and the CPX2 is this : The "1" has a thumb safety and the "2" does not. Apparently, the 2nd gen. guns have been made since 2011, so ALL the 1'S And 2's are 2nd gen. now. I thought that was what the "1" or "2" meant, but I was wrong! Hope some who were as confused as I was re. this can sleep easy tonight! " Be careful out there!"

SCCY CPX-2 background information

In 1998 Joe Roebuck recognized the increasing demand for a safe, simple to use, and affordable firearm due to political climate changes and most states enacting legislation to allow conceal and carry permits. Joe Roebuck has been in the manufacturing industry for 35 years, and chooses to use his talents as a Tool & Die Maker and Mechanical Design Engineer to design the CPX series of firearms. . September 2003, Joe Roebuck founded Skyy Industries, LLC now known as Sccy Industries, LLC to produce a conceal & carry firearm known as the CPX 9mm. The company's first offices and manufacturing facility was located in South Daytona, Florida and as of February 2010 relocated to a new 21,000 sq. ft. facility located in Daytona Beach, Florida, just a half a mile from the famous Daytona 500 speedway.

Contained in Sccy's new facility are numerous state of the art CNC machining centers of various types using custom tooling and programs designed by Joe Roebuck. The barrel, slide, receiver and all other major metal components are manufactured at the new facility. It was Joe Roebuck's vision that the CPX series firearms could be both cost effective and precisely manufactured to be as good as or even better than other name brand name products, without the high cost to the retail buyer. Sccy is now positioned to continue producing and developing new designs for the CPX series firearms. The CPX series envisioned has been successfully manufactured and sold throughout the United States using its own dealer network. Sccy's success is benchmarked by producing over 45,000 firearms to date. This success continues to grow with the current introduction of the new "Generation 2" CPX series. This year, 2011 Sccy will produce CPX-1 and CPX-2 "Generation 2" pistols and expand its national dealer base to a new all time high.

New customer service procedures are now in place to insure fast and personal service to both retail customers and dealers in need of warranty service. I wish to thank every customer and dealer for the trust and continued loyalty to the Sccy brand and products.
    Philly Boy likes this.

I have a CPX-2 between it and my Taurus TCP 380 I carry one of them every day depending on weather. My CPX-2 has close to 2000 rds without a hitch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links