This is my Kahr CM9 there are many like it but this one is mine. - Page 2

This is my Kahr CM9 there are many like it but this one is mine.

This is a discussion on This is my Kahr CM9 there are many like it but this one is mine. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad you like yours, but the best best gun trade I ever made in my life was to trade in my CM9 for a KelTec ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: This is my Kahr CM9 there are many like it but this one is mine.

Glad you like yours, but the best best gun trade I ever made in my life was to trade in my CM9 for a KelTec PF9.

My CM9 was junk when I bought it, and was junk after I received it back from Kahr. My PF9 has never ever failed EVER, my CM9 rarely if ever shot a complete mag...

OP - Hope your second range session goes better than the first one. You'll find folks who swear by Kahr, and a fair number who swear at them.

After owning three PM9s (still have one) and a P9, I am done with Kahr, and with the whole concept of a "pocket 9" pistol. I'm no longer interested in a 9mm that is smaller than a Glock 26.

Recently got a LCR to replace my PM9, and I'm not looking back.

Hope yours runs for you. Good luck.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I racked the slide and dry fired my CM9 about 500 times over a weekend before I shot it. Never a malfunction. I have about 500rds through it including three different types of JHP and they all ran flawless.

I just picked up rubber Talon Grips for my CM9 since it will jump around a bit if my hands are sweaty/slick. Haven't shot it yet, but just having them on there makes the gun handle so much better! For $15 I figured, hey why not. BTW, I have nothing to gain by mentioning them.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Was just loading some 124gr loads for the next range visit. As far as carry options haven't gave it a lot of thought yet. First gotta find out if it's going to be reliable enough to carry.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Just rack that slide, man. That is the main fixer that I have always seen recommended here and abroad, and in most cases it has worked. Sit down to a favorite show or movie and start racking. I do recommend Mechanix gloves since those slide serrations will start wearing on you.

As for carry, I use a Remora IWB and that makes the little pistol disappear.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

I do recommend Mechanix gloves since those slide serrations will start wearing on you.
    Yea a great suggestion too late. Wore a hole in the hide in the web of my hand the first night ouuch!!
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    When I got my cm9 I never did any extra racked of the slide . Just cleaned lubed and went threw 400 rounds that week then 150 +P hps and sold the PF-9 i had been carry'n. Heck it even sling shots rounds and the slide will ride them in slowly controling the slide. Adding something to the grip does help to hang on to it as round count goes up. If anyone is near NC mountains and has one they hate my son-in-law wants one and I will buy your problem gun cheap, hehe.

Originally Posted by rammerjammer
    Plus they are owned by a whacko religious cult.
    - They're also American made and support American workers, but if the owner's religious beliefs bother you, then that's your prerogative.
    I really like my Kahr CW45. I found the story of Kahr an interesting read, although it's probably been discussed here previously. The President and founder of Kahr basically developed the Kahr DAO trigger while an undergraduate student at Harvard. Justin Moon is the President and majority shareholder of Kahr. Although is father is the leader of the Unification Church and Justin Moon himself is a member of the same church, this article doesn't indicate that the Unification Church actually owns Kahr. For anyone interested in the history of Kahr, here 'ya go.
    The Rise of the House of Kahr

According to this article, the ownership of Kahr seems a little more murky to me. "Kahr is owned by the Saeilo Corporation (pronounced say-low), a subsidiary of Tongil Group, a South Korean business group (chaebol) associated with the Unification Church. (“Tongil” is Korean for “unification,” the name of the Unification Church in Korean is “Tongilgyo.”)[1][2] Tongil's other business lines include: Ginseng and related products, building materials, machine parts including munitions for the South Korean military, pharmaceuticals, tourism, and publishing."
    Kahr Arms - eNotes.com Reference

I don't support the Unification Church, but for now I'll continue to buy Kahr products as long as it is the best product for my needs. I'm open to anyone who can help me better understand whether the Unification Church actually owns Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary T View Post
    I really like my Kahr CW45. I found the story of Kahr an interesting read, although it's probably been discussed here previously. The President and founder of Kahr basically developed the Kahr DAO trigger while an undergraduate student at Harvard. Justin Moon is the President and majority shareholder of Kahr. Although is father is the leader of the Unification Church and Justin Moon himself is a member of the same church, this article doesn't indicate that the Unification Church actually owns Kahr. For anyone interested in the history of Kahr, here 'ya go.
    The Rise of the House of Kahr

According to this article, the ownership of Kahr seems a little more murky to me. "Kahr is owned by the Saeilo Corporation (pronounced say-low), a subsidiary of Tongil Group, a South Korean business group (chaebol) associated with the Unification Church. (“Tongil” is Korean for “unification,” the name of the Unification Church in Korean is “Tongilgyo.”)[1][2] Tongil's other business lines include: Ginseng and related products, building materials, machine parts including munitions for the South Korean military, pharmaceuticals, tourism, and publishing."
    Kahr Arms - eNotes.com Reference

I don't support the Unification Church, but for now I'll continue to buy Kahr products as long as it is the best product for my needs. I'm open to anyone who can help me better understand whether the Unification Church actually owns Kahr.

If you have a problem with the ridiculous Moonie thing over a gun that serves your self defense purposes, I'll give ya $200 for yours. Send me an email.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

zonker,
    If you have a problem with the ridiculous Moonie thing over a gun that serves your self defense purposes, I'll give ya $200 for yours. Send me an email.
    Don't hold your breath waiting for an email from me. I'm more than happy w/ my Kahr so have no plans on getting rid of it, especially for the princely sum of $200. In fact, I bet I end up w/ a CW9 in the not so distant future.

Well got out to shoot the CM9 today. Around rounds 45 to 50 had 2 failures to feed and then it just ran perfect the next hundred rounds. Fed it several different things including XTP holowpoints and the green and white box Remington 115gr fmj. Seems to be running flawlessly now and I'm very pleased. So my experience is if your going to buy a Kahr then best thing to do is bring it home tear it down clean a lube it good then rack the heck out of the slide a few hundred times and shoot it till it smooths out and hopefully it will only take about 50 rounds like mine did.

I just picked up my CM9 two days ago. I followed the typical online suggestions, e.g. rack the slide (couple hundred times) , clean and lube the hell out of it and exacto knife the polymer flashing. I put 100 whitebox 115 down range today and not the slightest hiccup was encountered., absolutely flawless. I own several CC guns and this is my first Kahr. Hands down my new favorite! Smooth as butter, very low recoil for it's size.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    but I think it will definetly fill a niche in the conceal carry rotation from time to time.
    I thought so too when I bought one ($375). It was flawless from a reliability perspective, 200+ rounds without an issue. But I just couldn't get past the fact that I was carrying a very smallish 9mm with low capacity. I suppose it fits the bill when pocket carry is a must. Weird you have issues with yours, as I said, mine was 100% reliable. I also found the recoil manageable, but with my 124gr +P loads, it was not all that fun to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    hope matters clear up for you. stripped and lubed my CM-9 prior to its first range trip. it has been flawless through the first 150 rounds of very mixed ammo, which included Blazer aluminum cased JHP's and Hornady Critical Defense as well as FMJ's. didn't do the "rack the slide many times" drill, because i didn't know about it (i hadn't joined DC yet). i did take a diamond file to the very sharp edges around the ejection port, and that part is fine now. and it shot exactly to where the sights looked (for me). i bought mine fairly soon after reading the Gun tests review and i had to pay $400 for mine (plus tax). it's been my hot weather, pocket carry gun ever since.

my one complaint is that only two out of the seven mags that i've tried so far will drop free when i press the mag release button. the others drop part way out and stick. i would have thought that either every mag would drop, or that none would. so far i've tried five flush-fit six rounders and two extended grip seven rounders to find the two that work as they should. haven't talked to Kahr or visited the Kahr Talk site about this 'problem', but i would be very reluctant to send the gun back to the factory to correct a condition that i can easily live with so long as it continues to feed, fire, and cycle perfectly. suppose it came back with the mag problem corrected, but now wouldn't function 100%?
    Two things you can do to help the mag drop free. One is to take jewlery polishing cloth and polish the heck out of the magazine on all sides, metal polish may also help. The other is to gently pinch the magazine lips toghether. This takes some finesse, but will definately do the job if the polishing doesn't.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post

Finally broke down and bought a Kahr CM9 yesterday. Been looking for a smaller conceal carry pistol for awhile now and was pretty much narrowed down to the CM9 or the Sig 938. The 938 is a sweet little gun but Sig is way too proud of it and at $700 I had to say no thanks. So the Kahr at $389 is definitely affordable. The size is impressive for a 9mm and it handles really well. The sights are nice for a daytime sight. One of the things I noticed was that this gun has serious recoil springs in it. It is tight and I mean really tight and would probably be tough for most women to handle, maybe after breaking it in some it will be better hopefully.

So I broke it down last night and cleaned it and today while the wife and I were cutting a load of firewood shot the first 33 rounds through it. My first thought was that the recoil is no worse than that of my Glock 26. I was shooting Remington 115gr FMJ green and white box which in my opinion is one of the worst ammos on the market and was probably to blame for the rest of the story. I had a perfect mag for the first mag then I had failures to feed and failures to eject (stovepipe) on every mag after that, also the slide failed to lock back on the last round on every mag. The failure of the slide lock makes me tend to believe that the crap ammo was the problem and not the gun. I will put the Kahr recommended 200 round breakin through it and try some real ammo and hopefully the issue will go away and it will be the great little gun that I'm hoping it will be. Will it repalce my G26? Probably never going to happen but I think it will definetly fill a niche in the conceal carry rotation from time to time. Also failed to mention it is one accurate little gun and the trigger is awesome and dare I say it's better than Glocks
    Jeff, visit the Kahr talk forum and go to the CW section. The Kahrs are extremely tight when new. Follow the recommended break in procedure on the forum, and you will likely not have any more issues. I hand racked the slide about 500 times before I put rounds thru mine. I have had two of the CW9s and they have been flawless . Congrats on your new Kahr.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links