New HK P2000 SK, pics and range report

This is a discussion on New HK P2000 SK, pics and range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Really nice gun. I looked at that model when I discovered, and eventually chose the P30....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: New HK P2000 SK, pics and range report

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Really nice gun. I looked at that model when I discovered, and eventually chose the P30.

2. Remove Ads

Nice new addition. You'll love it. I know I do my USP 45

Red face New Gun Owner

Hello Everyone, I am a new gun owner my husband has been into guns basically all his life. I am finally on board and really excited. I just purchased a HK P2000 SK. I pick it up on the 29th . I have never shot a gun and am excited to go to the range with my new purchase. When I was at the gun shop I tried a Beretta & Springfield in the same classs as the HK. I have to say when I put the HK in my hand I knew it was the one. It felt good, it fit, and it looked better than the others I looked at. Does anyone else know a woman with this gun or have any experiance with it. I am 5 '2 and am worried it may have to much recoil for me. My husband and the shop owner said it was a good gun for me. Just looking for some more feedback. Already hooked on guns :

Cripes, first gun is an HK P2000 SK? You certainly spared no expense. I think the vast majority of us start off with much cheaper firearms for our first purchase. Or, maybe that's just me. I'd love to own a P2000 SK someday. Hope you enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    For the price, it ought to be able to make fries and double as a ladder. But still, it's an amazing little pistol. It'll certainly eat whatever it's fed. And that's a lot more than many pistols can claim.
    I guess we all have priorities. I paid $820.00 plus tax for mine and it's been worth every penny.

When I purchase a pistol to protect me or my family, I want superb reliability, accuracy and quality.

Rather than take a chance on an inexpensive or used handgun, if I have to save money for a couple of months to get something more expensive but sure-fire reliable, that's what I do.

BTW, ever notice the plethora of threads here that start with "I got a great deal on a used/cheap handgun and now it doesn't work"?

Unfortunately, there's a bit of truth to the old adage "You get what you pay for".
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Miss Jeannie, Don't Panic!

Miss Jeannie, U. S. Customs and Border Protection issues (or did two years ago, at least) P2000 pistols in .40 S&W to all officers. Hiring includes women, and there are no height or 'build' requirements. Many of the people hired and going to the academy have no prior experience with any handguns. Most seem to do okay.

You should not have any great difficulties. One thing; protect your ears. If indoors, use ear plugs and over the ear type protection. The recoil in your hands will be noted, even 'startling' at first, but NOT painful. Noise is what hurts.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Coltman 77 View Post
    Unfortunately, there's a bit of truth to the old adage "You get what you pay for".
    Well, I agree within reason. I am totally confident in my Bersa Thunder which cost all of $270 plus tax. I don't need to spend 3x that to have a reliable gun which I trust with my life.

I do still want an HK someday.

I carry mine in a cross breed and like has been stated....I never give a thought to weather its goin go bang...never had a FTF or FTE on any ammo. Wish I could say that about every gun I own.

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Absolutely beautiful pistol! I just recently picked up a Springfield XDM .45 compact and love it!

Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    Thanks guys, I ordered up a couple of holsters this week. My favorite IWB style a Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC, and then on ripley's recommendation, I grabbed the Galco concealable for an OWB option. Very pleased with the HK so far, its just such a nice piece. I have been looking at it for a while, but the price was keeping me away. Finally decided to ditch a couple of guns that were laying unused in the bottom of the safe to take the edge off. :)
    Small world. Same gun, same two holsters, same method of buying the gun.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Very nice! I have a couple of USP 9s and am an HK fanboy! Man, I really wanted to pick up a P2000 but I can't afford to get everything I want. Bud's got a big shipment of HK handguns in and there were so many I wanted. Ultimately the P30S won out. Like so many people, the first time I picked one up I felt it was designed for my hand alone. Maybe later on this year I'll be able to pick up another one but I've just blown to much money on HKs lately!
    Stretch911 likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Awesome choice. Check out the extended mag release and

You definitely wont be dissappointed, I have been carrying the SK in .40 for a little bit now and i love it. I do have a recommendation to change out the mag release for the larger HK45 mag release (perfect fit) as it is much easier to use. In fact i have an extra (i bought one for my USP also and it did not work well with the plastic mags) if you were interested? Another great thing is that the full size P2000 mags also fit. You can get an 'Xgrip' grip exention for the full size mags and it feels like you are shooting a full size. I carry the standard 9 round (40S&W) in the gun, so it doesnt print, and have the 12 round (13 for the 9mm) with the Xgrip as a back-up/secondary magazine in the mag pouch. Great choice, i know i am a little late with the reply, but wanted to throw in my recommendations. They sell both the mag release and the xgrips at hkparts.net and liek i said i ahve a pretty much new mag release that i would sell for half of the cost of a new one, and just add shipping which would also be minimal.

I did the exact same thing. For the very same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    Love the HK's. Wanted to buy one but ended up with M&P C only due to price. Enjoy it.

After two years of owning a P2000 SK, I sold it. It was a great gun. Felt real good in my hand and shot everything I fed it. However, I never carried it. I found it too thick and heavy for my tastes as I do not even like carrying a Glock 26. I now have single stack guns to carry in all sizes. However, I do think that HK makes some of the finest guns in the world and there is no finer subcompact than the P2000 SK.

P.S. Buy the larger mag release paddles made for the .45 and put them on. Real easy to do. Makes a world of difference. One of the other reasons I did not carry the gun was that I had a lot of difficulty working the mag release. I am no stranger to the HK mag release but this one was too small and I could not seem to get a good position to press it the correct way. Once I put the larger mag releases on it, it was very easy.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links