CZ-75 Compact: Choice of Grips and Opinions Please

This is a discussion on CZ-75 Compact: Choice of Grips and Opinions Please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I offer up a chance to express your opinions with regards to my CZ-75 Compact Duo-Tone 9mm pistol. Which of these grips do you prefer: ...

Thread: CZ-75 Compact: Choice of Grips and Opinions Please

I offer up a chance to express your opinions with regards to my CZ-75 Compact Duo-Tone 9mm pistol. Which of these grips do you prefer: The Checkered Red Walnut Grips from Marschal's Grips or the Thin Aluminum Grips from the CZ Custom Shop? I carry this shooter in a UBG Striker. It is the sweetest shooting 9mm I have ever handled. Your thoughts please? CZ owners; you get added weight simply for being a CZ Owner

VIP Member
    No choice to make in my opinion. The checkered redwood, hands down winner. All of my CZ's (6) except my CZ82 sport Marschal's Grips.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Depends on what you're looking for in a grip.

Of the ones you mentioned, my preference would be for the Marschal checkered wood grips.

For me, a grip's main function is to provide a positive, effective, and if possible enhanced, grip on a gun. To that end, I've generally found the deeply-checkered hardwood grips to be of the most benefit. Looks can be had through selection of material, but there are only just so many ways to get a grip to be grippy ... either via checkering or whatever.

With the CZ P-01, I've had several sets of ebony 18 LPI checkered grips made by Sam at Omega Grips. Love them. I feel they provide twice the grip of the factory rubberized ones from CZ, nearly as good as a perfectly-checkered steel 1911 pistol.

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

if we're talking aesthetics, then i prefer the wood grips. if we're talking function, then whichever one enables you to shoot the gun better (faster, more accurately).

no extra points for me: i own no CZ's. i love the 75's, especially the compact like yours, but my with smallish hands, i have too much difficulty manipulating the DA trigger and the safety. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    if we're talking aesthetics, then i prefer the wood grips. if we're talking function, then whichever one enables you to shoot the gun better (faster, more accurately).

no extra points for me: i own no CZ's. i love the 75's, especially the compact like yours, but my with smallish hands, i have too much difficulty manipulating the DA trigger and the safety. :-(
    One of the advantages of the aluminum grips is that they're thinner, which makes reaching the safety and the mag release a bit easier.

Comes down to a very personal choice, though. A number of folks at Tuesday Night Steel shoot CZs, and the aluminum grips are popular for that patch of grippy-stuff. I'm hankering after one of the CZ Custom Shop's Shadows for a fun (game) gun, and I would definitely opt for the thin aluminums.

I guess I get points for owning a CZ-75B.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I'd go with the thin grips. First of all, the red walnut brings a third color into the equation, making your gun look too busy. If your gun was NOT a duo tone I WOULD go with the red grips. IMO, the matching color on the thin grips gives your gun a look of simplicity.
    I hope to be getting some rosewood grips for my alloy Rami 9. I've had a Compact 75, too, and man was it a sweet shooting utinsel!

Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    Ya I'd say which ever one's you prefer while shooting. I think the rosewood adds a little much too, but thats just cosmetics. That duo tone is one sexy compact though.

I really like the stock rubber grips on m P-01, but if I carried it I would have to change them. My thumb would always get caught up on the rubber while trying to grip the pistol while drawing.

I just hit about 1000 rnds on mine too, its just gets better and better, LOVE THAT GUN. And shooting hundreds of rounds with the kadet kit is the most fun I can have with my clothes on :)
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I took delivery of a dual tone 75 C a couple of weeks ago. Great pistol, and a nice complement to my satin nickel CZ 83.

For now, I'm keeping the stock black plastic grips, but adding the rubber magazine base pads, which give my pinky a tad better purchase. If I choose to dress her up, I'll likely opt for a black or black-stained wood -- if I can't find someone to make me black or gray sharkskin-covered grips.

Sponsored Links