An unrealized wish

This is a discussion on An unrealized wish within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wish that RIA would come out with an affordable Hi power clone in 9MM and 40 S&W the same way they have come out ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 9mmhpfan
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: An unrealized wish

An unrealized wish

I wish that RIA would come out with an affordable Hi power clone in 9MM and 40 S&W the same way they have come out with the affordable 1911's.
    zonker1986 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Now that would be nice.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I know I'd like to get one of their 1911's.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Check out the FEG clones of the Hi-Power. Does it matter that they are Hungarian and not Filipino?
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Send them an email expressing your wishes

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Check out the FEG clones of the Hi-Power. Does it matter that they are Hungarian and not Filipino?
    unfortunately, FEG went toe-up several years ago, and the only Hi-Power clones are pushing 15 years old. I was lucky to find one barely fired used a few years ago.....I've seen
    a lot of them that are pretty beat up.
    I bought a hard chrome FEG PJK-9HP from Walmart in Texas as Walmart was closing out all handguns in 1994. Wish I still had that one, as it had a perfect single action trigger and a hard chrome finish
    that was just freaking beautiful. I paid $175 as a closeout.
    The FEG HP's are very well made and worth a look. Go on gunbroker and search for FEG. Price for one in decent shape is around $400. Be careful because FEG made a DA/SA model that they call
    a HP clone, but its more of a Smith & Wessson 59 clone. The PJK-9HP models are the ones to look for as these are true HP clones.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmhpfan View Post
    I wish that RIA would come out with an affordable Hi power clone in 9MM and 40 S&W the same way they have come out with the affordable 1911's.
    I doubt you'll ever see it happen. While the BHP is a great platform, I don't think it has the almost cult like following the 1911 does. You might want to consider the CZ75 instead.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

There's a Browning BDM sitting in my local gunshop for $695. Sometimes I could really kick myself for going over my allocated gun spending limit for the month.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 380ACP View Post
    There's a Browning BDM sitting in my local gunshop for $695. Sometimes I could really kick myself for going over my allocated gun spending limit for the month....
    My point exactly, why buy a sub par clone?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by 380ACP View Post
    There's a Browning BDM sitting...
    It's a long way from a BDM to a Hi-Power. Watch for retired Israeli military FN HP offerings. A batch became available early in 2011 & sold F-A-S-T at ~$600. IMHO, there are few pistols that "fit" my hand & disposition like a BHP. I own three. I don't own a clone, but would try to find an Arcus if I wanted one. Good Luck.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    It's a long way from a BDM to a Hi-Power. Watch for retired Israeli military FN HP offerings. A batch became available early in 2011 & sold F-A-S-T at ~$600. IMHO, there are few pistols that "fit" my hand & disposition like a BHP. I own three. I don't own a clone, but would try to find an Arcus if I wanted one. Good Luck.
    I stand corrected, it was a Mark III for $954. Not sure where I got BDM from, or the price. If I was kicking myself before I've got my proverbial foot up my butt now.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Links