Opinions on the Springfield XD Compact

This is a discussion on Opinions on the Springfield XD Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have come upon a Springfield XD Compact .45ACP with 2-13 round mags and one 10 round mag that has been fired exactly 45 (they ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By pgrass101
  • 1 Post By zonker1986
  • 1 Post By eb

Thread: Opinions on the Springfield XD Compact

Senior Moderator

Opinions on the Springfield XD Compact

I have come upon a Springfield XD Compact .45ACP with 2-13 round mags and one 10 round mag that has been fired exactly 45 (they still have the box of ammo that they bought when they bought the pistol) times and has been sitting on a closet shelf for 3 years.

I am relatively unfamiliar with these pistols having only shot a XD service once at a pistol range several years ago. I am would like your opinion on them and what would be a good price for this particular model LNIB.

Thanks
    pgrass101
    Rockymonster likes this.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

2. Remove Ads

They are nice guns, a bit heavy. I had an XD45c and while it shot well, I was not a fan of the trigger. I also had a problem with the placement of the slide release and the take down lever. I shoot with a thumbs forward grip, and both levers each hit a thumb on recoil. I found myself adjusting my grip between shots, so I sold it. I would say; shoot it if you can and see how it fits you. The guns themselves are fine.

eb
    I have one that is one of my carry guns. It has never malfunctioned and is very accurate. They go for about $500~ new. If I had to pay an FFL transfer fee on one like you describe, I'd be willing to pay about $400 for it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    I have one that is one of my carry guns. It has never malfunctioned and is very accurate. They go for about $500~ new. If I had to pay an FFL transfer fee on one like you describe, I'd be willing to pay about $400 for it personally.
    yep. I have one as well, and its well made, shoots well. $400-$425 used would be a decent price in the all black configuration. Duotone models about $75 more.

Last edited by zonker1986; August 30th, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Senior Moderator
    It's all black and they bought an extra mag. Would $425 sound about right. it's still in the original box
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

yeah thats reasonable as the extra oem mag is 30 to 40 dollars...I love mine but it's heavy (35 ounces or so empty)...makes for a very soft shooter but heavy on the waist.

eb
    Yeah $425 is a fair deal. The mags can be found for $25, then of course shipping unless you can find one sitting around in a store (which would probably be more than 25 anyway). As doodle said, it is not a light gun when loaded up with 10 rounds of 45acp, but it shoots great. I carry mine in a Comp-Tac MTAC all the time. I feel the most secure carrying that gun as its a good amount of firepower, but I also recently picked up an HK P2000 subcompact for lighter duties.
    pgrass101 likes this.

Links