New CCW holder

New CCW holder

This is a discussion on New CCW holder within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for ideas for what to carry on my strong side hip. I'm not a big guy (5'6" 160 lbs) Double stack magazines don't ...

Thread: New CCW holder

New CCW holder

I'm looking for ideas for what to carry on my strong side hip. I'm not a big guy (5'6" 160 lbs) Double stack magazines don't conceal well so i'm more looking for single stack.

Concealing comes down to clothing, location and holster. Don't rule out double stack quite yet. If you are set on single stack: I'm partial to the M&P Shield. Shoots well, single stack, relatively inexpensive if you can find one (I paid under $370 for mine).

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NotMallNinja View Post
    Concealing comes down to clothing, location and holster. Don't rule out double stack quite yet. If you are set on single stack: I'm partial to the M&P Shield. Shoots well, single stack, relatively inexpensive if you can find one (I paid under $370 for mine).
    Also a good quality gun belt makes a big difference. The proper belt/holster combination will do wonders for concealment. If your dead set on a single stack, look at the Kahr line of guns.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Idea on what to carry.

Given your dimensions I would recommend any Kahr 9, 40, or even the P45 if you prefer. My most concealable and comfortable to wear IWB is the Kahr PM40. The P40 is a little larger and holds one more round.

Some candidates...

I like single stack guns for hip carry and have experimented with quite a few, including 1911s, Glock 36, Sig P239, Sig P245 and Kahrs. One of my favorites is the Sig P239, which is an excellent size for concealment. It comes in 9mm, .40 and .357 calibers.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Look at the Glock-36.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Welcome to the club... If you are a 9mm guy (i am) I second the Shield. I bought one for my sons graduation(It was VERY hard to give away), my dad has a Taurus 709, very simular guns but for the small price diff... Shield all the way.

You have to learn to dress around your Gun. I have carried all sizes in all climates from a North American Arms Minni Mag too a 4" 608 Taurus.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Welcome from Western Kentucky.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Red face

You should carry your ccw badge, there is a thread running right now on a great deal online
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Links