Bersa Pistols

This is a discussion on Bersa Pistols within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered my first Bersa yesterday -- a duotone Thunder 380. Great gun for a great price. I can't wait to pick it up....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Bersa Pistols

I just ordered my first Bersa yesterday -- a duotone Thunder 380. Great gun for a great price. I can't wait to pick it up.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    great job!! You definitely helped with one of the most underrated group of guns on the market.

I'm starting to see that Bersa has quite a nice lineup. After we got wifey's BP9CC I started to dig deeper. I was at a gunshow last week and got to fondle a few. The Thunder 45 UC caught my attention. My "list" got a little longer
    And of course the BP9CC is no slouch either. I had thought about doing a comparison write-up with the BP9CC and PPS. I should probably go ahead and put it together.

just an FYI.....when Bersa announced the BP 9CC, everyone expected a copy of the Walther PPS. The current line up of Bersas are all influenced and copied to some extent from the Walther PPK (Thunder 380)
    and the Walther P88 (Thunder 9, 40,45). The specs of the new BP that came out in 2009 were IDENTICAL to the specs of the PPS.....so when the first pictures of the BP came out, we were all
    surprised that the actual gun looked more like a Glock/Kahr than the PPS. The BP is really Bersa's first gun that they built from the ground up taking the best of several different designs and bringing them all into one. I think they did an outstanding job, and companies like Taurus should pay attention. They took their time, made it right from the get-go, and have a true winner in the concealed carry market.

Walther P88 & Bersa Thunder 9

Walther PPK and Bersa Thunder 380

Last edited by zonker1986; August 31st, 2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added pics
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

My Wife tried multiple guns out and quickly settled on her Firestorm 380, essentially the Thunder 380 with rubber finger grips and outline white sights. She hasn't looked back. I picked out the Thunder 9UC and I am very happy with it. Would live to ad a BP9CC and a T-380CC to the mix one of these days. Bersa seems to make good value guns that just work. I will say the Wife's 380 doesn't like the foreign made ammo we tried in it (jammed every few rounds), feeds Federal Shureshot, Winchester Whitebox, and PDX perfectly. Seems most 380's are a bit picky though.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    just an FYI.....when Bersa announced the BP 9CC, everyone expected a copy of the Walther PPS. The current line up of Bersas are all influenced and copied to some extent from the Walther PPS (Thunder 380)
    and the Walther P88 (Thunder 9, 40,45). The specs of the new BP that came out in 2009 were IDENTICAL to the specs of the PPS.....so when the first pictures of the BP came out, we were all
    surprised that the actual gun looked more like a Glock/Kahr than the PPS. The BP is really Bersa's first gun that they built from the ground up taking the best of several different designs and bringing them all into one. I think they did an outstanding job, and companies like Taurus should pay attention. They took their time, made it right from the get-go, and have a true winner in the concealed carry market.

I agree that it's a winner. On some levels they bested the PPS so they definitely did it right. I'm working on my comparison now, will start a new thread when it's ready. Thanks for the info on the origins of the other Bersa designs. I had heard that before but forgot. It's good info to include in my comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I've had an older Bersa Thunder 9 uc for a number of years that I bought used...and it was old when I bought it. It's just a great gun, well built, tough as nails. The black slide finish on the older ones wasn't great, but it doesn't bother me. The newer ones seem to be much better. I've shot several other Bersa's that buddies of mine own. I've been sold on them for a long time. I might have to pick up the BP9cc and thunder 380 myself...just because. I bought a Taurus PT709 when they first came out and it has been flawless. I shoot it well too. It's hard to justify another single stack 9 when the one I have has been flawless over 2000 rounds.
    Bugdude,

I'm glad you still like the 9UC, but I do have to admit that I regret selling it to you. It was the most trouble free gun I've ever owned. I just bought a BP9CC about two weeks ago; I needed a Bersa fix!
    Philly Boy, BugDude and BurgerBoy like this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    Bugdude,

I'm glad you still like the 9UC, but I do have to admit that I regret selling it to you. It was the most trouble free gun I've ever owned. I just bought a BP9CC about two weeks ago; I needed a Bersa fix!
    I've thoroughly enjoyed it, brother...sorry you had seller's regret over it. My brother-in-law has been trying to talk me out of that gun ever since I bought it and I just can't part with it. He fell in love with it instantly. Selling it to me just gave you an excuse to buy the BP9cc. As much as I don't need another 9mm, I'm on the verge of buying one myself just because I like them so much. Might get the thunder cc too. Doesn't Bersa also make the American Classic line of 1911s? Anyone have any experience with them?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I've owned several Bersa and their off shoot Firestorm guns over the years. Never had problems with any of them. For someone looking for a good quality, reasonably priced gun, they're hard to beat.

So BugDude, when can we expect to see the "Another Newbee from Florida" thread from your friend?
    Should have already been on here. I gave him the website address the night we went shooting. I'll have to poke him to jump on here if I see him tomorrow.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I've thoroughly enjoyed it, brother...sorry you had seller's regret over it. My brother-in-law has been trying to talk me out of that gun ever since I bought it and I just can't part with it. He fell in love with it instantly. Selling it to me just gave you an excuse to buy the BP9cc. As much as I don't need another 9mm, I'm on the verge of buying one myself just because I like them so much. Might get the thunder cc too. Doesn't Bersa also make the American Classic line of 1911s? Anyone have any experience with them?
    No, Bersa has nothing to do with American Classic. It's just that they have the same importer: Eagle Imports Inc.

Distinguished Member
    Bersa, coming through the backdoor, is making a nice reputation for itself. Very reasonably priced, compared to the competition. Owned a Thunder Plus and it was flawless and accurate. But... so ugly!
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    I have and carry a Bersa Thunder UC Pro and it's great gun. It's very accurate and I've never had any failures of any kind with it.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Bersa, coming through the backdoor, is making a nice reputation for itself. Very reasonably priced, compared to the competition. Owned a Thunder Plus and it was flawless and accurate. But... so ugly!
    Been shooting Bersa pistols for over 20 years. They always had a good reputation from those that actually own them. With more states issuing concealed carry licenses, and combined with the search function of the internet, and their competitive pricing, more people are learning to appreciate them.
    aznav likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    great job!! You definitely helped with one of the most underrated group of guns on the market.

My BP9CC has fit right into my Glock family....he's the skinny kid in the middle. The "Glock" that Glock should have made.........
    I followed the introduction of this gun for almost two years and got one of the first one's for sale in the US last last year.
    I've owned many Bersa pistols over the last twenty years, and I must say the Bersa did this one right.

with the Bersa Thunder 9 Ultracompact (another all metal great gun)
    Those Bersas sure do look nice. I was planning on taking another look at the Thunder 380 already since I want something a little more range friendly than the LCP in 380, maybe the next time I'm in the market for another 9mm I will take a look at what Bersa has to offer.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Good job getting a new shooter in our ranks. I have the thunder 380 and its a great gun. Ive been pondering the bp9cc for a new carry gun. Bersas one of the most underrated guns on the market. They give the shooter more bang for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal1911 View Post
    Those Bersas sure do look nice. I was planning on taking another look at the Thunder 380 already since I want something a little more range friendly than the LCP in 380, maybe the next time I'm in the market for another 9mm I will take a look at what Bersa has to offer.
    I've owned three Thunder 380's...actually the first was a Model 83 and I've never had a failure of any kind. Unfortunately my step daughter and her husband took a liking to my Thunder .380's (one duotone, and one all nickel), and I gave them my Bersas as a present. They love them.....so now I am down to two Bersa Thunder .380 Plus'. 15+1. What can I say? I was in love with the Bersa Model 86 (older model #) back in the day that held 13 rounds, but they were discontinued after the '94 Assault Weapons Ban.

Bersa Thunder .380 Plus 15+1 double stack magazine. This one is not mine, just a pic off the net. Mine are duotone and one is all nickel.
    I normally don't recommend a .380 for self defense, but if you gotta carry a gun with little bullets, its a good thing to have LOTS of little bullets.

BugDude likes this.

The Bersa was my very first gun I bought, it shot great for the money. It has been the only pistol I have bought that never had one problem. Moved onto a little smaller pistol that was easier to conceal, Sig P238.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links