Bersa Pistols

This is a discussion on Bersa Pistols within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great job helping our street become a little safer. I wish him all the luck with his new pistols, and hope he never needs them. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Bersa Pistols

Great job helping our street become a little safer. I wish him all the luck with his new pistols, and hope he never needs them. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

2. Remove Ads

Since a friend of mine introduced me to Bersa handguns in 2009, I've loved them since. I have bought and sold several different kinds, including a Bersa Thunder Plus (15+1) .380. I deeply regret getting rid of that one. However, I've been carrying Bersa's BP9cc for over a year now and it has been impressive!!! Its accurate, comfortable, reliable, and 9mm! You can trust Bersa. They're cheap, yes, but not cheaply made.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

operative word being AFFORDABLE, not cheap.. just so we're all clear. I'm sure its a combination of reduced mark up, and more affordable materials in Argentina as compared to other competing manufacturers such as Glock, S&W, Springfield, etc.

Bersa Pistols

I have the BP9CC and LOVE love it. It's an awesome gun and I have not had one problem with it. Matter of fact it brings a smile to my face every time I shoot it. It is my EDC and I don't see that changing anytime soon. It is very well made to boot. Just to note also that I work a couple days a week at my friends LGS and he can't keep them in stock.

Price wise I was told by our sales rep that it was the exchange rate that puts them in the price range they are. With the quality they are putting out I will expect that to change shortly. Good stuff Bersa.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

I have to add my two cents, as I was a skeptic and now a very happy owner. I purchased a Bersa 380 cc. I've put about 200 rounds with five different ammo brands. Tula produced multiple FTL in every magazine. All other ammo fed through without one FTL, FTF, or FTE. Whether I did rapid fire or slow and deliberate the Bersa did a terrific job of feeding, firing, and ejecting. Could not be more pleased.
    NONAME762 likes this.

yeah they really are a hidden gem, probably the best gun value for the money while still staying in the realm of quality firearms. Only other way to get such a reliable quality firearm is to buy an excellent condition used gun, such as a Glock, M&P, XD, etc... police turn ins and what have you.. and hope for one that was taken care of.

My Bersa 380 ammo jamming

I am having a problem with the ammo jamming in my Bersa 380 thunder! What can I do to fix it? It won't feed right and happens on about the 4 round. Can anyone help me on what I need to do

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynet View Post
    I am having a problem with the ammo jamming in my Bersa 380 thunder! What can I do to fix it? It won't feed right and happens on about the 4 round. Can anyone help me on what I need to do
    Try a different magazine or spend the $4 on a new magazine spring and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    I've been a huge fan of Bersa for about three years now. At one point, I had five Bersas in my collection, but its now down to just two (my EDC and wife's EDC), due to hard times. I loved all those handguns. Always shot well, accurate, dependable, reliable, and "okay" looking.

I've been carrying Bersa's new BP9cc for about a year now. Its very, very accurate for a small gun, and quite dependable. The single stack frame is polymer, so makes it comfortable for me. But..... damn thing kicks like a mule.

The wife's EDC is a regular Bersa Thunder .380. Its a very, very good gun all around, at any price.
    Thirty years ago my cousin had Bersa's and often spoke highly of them. Then he got married and she made him sell all of them. Me? I would have kept the guns and lost the wife.
    buckeyebersa and Phaedrus like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    operative word being AFFORDABLE, not cheap.. just so we're all clear. I'm sure its a combination of reduced mark up, and more affordable materials in Argentina as compared to other competing manufacturers such as Glock, S&W, Springfield, etc.
    People used to ask me if I had anything "cheaper." My standard response was "we don't make anything cheap, it's just that some costs less than others."
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

My primary carry is a Bersa Thunder Pro UC 9. As you can tell by my chat handle, I am a big fan. Everything that everyone else has said is dead-on: they have super reliability, are very accurate, are well-made, and are affordable. I'll add to that list of benefits that the take down on them is ridiculously easy, all you have to do (after ensuring no magazine is in the gun and the chamber is empty) is pull the slide back, flip a lever forward, and pull the slide forward off the gun. There are no pins to remove or latches in hard-to-reach places, and you don't have to pull the trigger. Some things to think about before buying a Thunder Pro UC:

1. If you get the nickel slide you SHOULD NOT clean the gun with Hoppe's. Hoppe's specifically warns of this on a disclaimer on all of their cleaning solutions. I use Ballistol.
    2. The Thunder Pro UC is DA/SA. The first pull is a little heavy, which is not for everyone. Having said that I like the DA first pull, as I feel it gives me added protection against an ND and I have gotten very accurate on that first pull with practice.
    3. The gun is a little heavy for its surface area, but not prohibitively so. This makes carrying it just a little more taxing, however I feel like the reduced felt recoil that comes along with the added weight is well worth it.
    4. The stock sights are combat sights, meaning that you are to cover the target with the front sight before shooting. This can be a little awkward for some shooters and many shoot a little low with the Thunder Pro at first.
    5. You should consider getting a grip sleeve if you are planning to carry IWB, as the grip serrations are aggressive and I could see skin discomfort occurring without a grip sleeve. Hogue and Pachmayr make good grip sleeves, although I personally use one from TUFF1 Gun Grip Covers - The Worlds Best Universal Gun Grips

Altogether I think my Bersa Thunder Pro UC is about as good as it gets for carrying a double-stack pistol, I have no plans to carry another double stack any time soon.
    NONAME762 and Phaedrus like this.

VIP Member
    Good job recruiting folks from the sidelines or the middle of the road!!

Got two daughters that will be CC'ing soon , just may have to look into the Bersa compacts.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Not long after I posted this thread I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 CC and put some Marshall wooden grips on it. That thing is dead nuts accurate from 10 yards as fast as I can pull the trigger. Scary accurate for a small gun. It's been flawless. A great little carry gun that shoots like a dream. It's the nickel finish and I got it used for a great price before the crap hit and prices skyrocketed. I carry FMJs in it. At 8+1 and an extra mag, it's quite handy.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BugDude; June 17th, 2013 at 07:05 AM.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I have two Bersa Thunder 22 and think they're great. A bit finicky on ammo (CCI Mini-Mag and Remington Golden Bullet) but reliable, accurate and inexpensive. With the new year I'm seriously considering the BT380 - finances permitting.
    USN Retired

The BP9CC is a superb little gun! My sister talked me out of mine but it was a pleasure to carry and shot well for me, and it was as reliable as could be.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links