Bersa Pistols

This is a discussion on Bersa Pistols within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My buddy that I got hooked on guns the other week purchased 2 pistols after our range session. A Bersa Thunder CC .380 and a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Bersa Pistols

Bersa Pistols

My buddy that I got hooked on guns the other week purchased 2 pistols after our range session. A Bersa Thunder CC .380 and a Bersa BP9cc. Today when he went back for his CWL class was the first time he got to shoot those two guns.

He called me immediately and just went on and on about how much he loved them. He said they were both smooth shooters and the BP9cc just felt great in his hands. Easy to load the mags, manipulate, and recoil was super mild. Now, before we went to the range and shot some of my guns the other week, he had never really shot handguns much at all. He told me this evening that from 7 yards he was putting a vast majority in the center ring. A couple flyers, but most in the center. He said he kept the targets to show me.

All in all, he is super pleased with the pistols that he chose and I'm glad I was able to help him navigate the decision. We started with purpose in mind, looked for fit, and found 2 winners. He wanted a small pocket .380 and a thin easy to carry IWB 9mm that he could shoot and handle easily. I'd say we met his criteria with flying colors.

Anyway, another 2A supporter getting into the cause. I just sent him the info to apply for his carry license, so we should have another law abiding citizen and all around good guy protecting himself soon. For anyone who hasn't shot those two particular weapons, if you get a chance I would highly recommend giving them a try. If for nothing else but curiosity.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

I really like the feel of the Thunder .380 but havnt shot it yet. Great price and I have heard nothing but good about them. Maybe Ill consider it for next summer as a smaller, lighter carry than my G23.

Glad to hear your freind is enjoying themself with a new hobby
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member
    Once again, great job man!
    I'm taking some folks to the range on saturday, hope I can be half as successful as you, lol.

I held one of those bersa BP9cc at the range, I didn't even know they had come out with it then. It felt pretty nice and looked like a very conceable sweet little gun. Wish I would of known what it was, possibly would've brought it home.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I've been a huge fan of Bersa for about three years now. At one point, I had five Bersas in my collection, but its now down to just two (my EDC and wife's EDC), due to hard times. I loved all those handguns. Always shot well, accurate, dependable, reliable, and "okay" looking.

I've been carrying Bersa's new BP9cc for about a year now. Its very, very accurate for a small gun, and quite dependable. The single stack frame is polymer, so makes it comfortable for me. But..... damn thing kicks like a mule.

The wife's EDC is a regular Bersa Thunder .380. Its a very, very good gun all around, at any price.
    BurgerBoy and NONAME762 like this.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

We picked up a BP9CC for my wife last week. It's a new gun so it was difficult to find a lot of info but in general Bersa seems to have a good following. She had been shooting my Glock 26 and wanted something similar but with a slimmer grip. We took a chance on the Bersa and it could turn out to be the purchase of the year for us. I've been more than impressed with it. Today I took it to the range and shot it side by side with my Walther PPS. They are almost identical in size and share some other attributes as well such as ambidextrous mag release.

I must say they were locked neck and neck. In some aspects the PPS had the edge and in other aspects it was the BP9CC. As far as accuracy I shot almost identical groups with both. The Bersa had the edge on trigger. It's got a nice trigger with a short reset that makes follow up shots very easy.

I love my PPS but it was nice to see this new gun on the block could easily fill it's shoes. And the price was nice too- $400 OTD which included sales tax since it was purchased locally.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

great job!! You definitely helped with one of the most underrated group of guns on the market.

My BP9CC has fit right into my Glock family....he's the skinny kid in the middle. The "Glock" that Glock should have made.........
    I followed the introduction of this gun for almost two years and got one of the first one's for sale in the US last last year.
    I've owned many Bersa pistols over the last twenty years, and I must say the Bersa did this one right.

with the Bersa Thunder 9 Ultracompact (another all metal great gun)
    BurgerBoy and aznav like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

great job!! You definitely helped with one of the most underrated group of guns on the market.

I'm starting to see that Bersa has quite a nice lineup. After we got wifey's BP9CC I started to dig deeper. I was at a gunshow last week and got to fondle a few. The Thunder 45 UC caught my attention. My "list" got a little longer
    And of course the BP9CC is no slouch either. I had thought about doing a comparison write-up with the BP9CC and PPS. I should probably go ahead and put it together.

Last edited by photoshooter; August 31st, 2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: spell check misspelled my stuff!
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Great job of introducing a new person to the joys of gun ownership. I have never shot a Bersa but I hear a lot of good things about them.

I have owned 5 Bersa handguns and have yet had a malfunction so I consider them the most under rated handguns. I currenctly own 3 of them and do a good business making holsters for them. I will keep them in my collection because they work and feel good in my hands.
    BurgerBoy and NONAME762 like this.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    .....And the price was nice too- $400 OTD which included sales tax since it was purchased locally.
    Just to let everyone know... there are some new BP9cc out there for less than $400. However, $400 is still a very good deal for a very good gun.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    I have owned 5 Bersa handguns and have yet had a malfunction so I consider them the most under rated handguns. I currenctly own 3 of them and do a good business making holsters for them. I will keep them in my collection because they work and feel good in my hands.
    Mitch!?

I've had an older Bersa Thunder 9 uc for a number of years that I bought used...and it was old when I bought it. It's just a great gun, well built, tough as nails. The black slide finish on the older ones wasn't great, but it doesn't bother me. The newer ones seem to be much better. I've shot several other Bersa's that buddies of mine own. I've been sold on them for a long time. I might have to pick up the BP9cc and thunder 380 myself...just because. I bought a Taurus PT709 when they first came out and it has been flawless. I shoot it well too. It's hard to justify another single stack 9 when the one I have has been flawless over 2000 rounds.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I'm taking my GF to look at the Bersa Thunder soon. If she likes it I'm going to buy it. They have a great reputation.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

VIP Member
    I've owned several Bersa and their off shoot Firestorm guns over the years. Never had problems with any of them. For someone looking for a good quality, reasonably priced gun, they're hard to beat.

So BugDude, when can we expect to see the "Another Newbee from Florida" thread from your friend?
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    I'm taking my GF to look at the Bersa Thunder soon. If she likes it I'm going to buy it. They have a great reputation.
    Make sure you keep us posted with specifics and pictures.

And of the gun, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links