Got a G23 with the NY trigger

This is a discussion on Got a G23 with the NY trigger within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Having to laugh at myself a little. So I have finally jumped in and got my first glock. I got a used G23 off gunbroker, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a G23 with the NY trigger

Distinguished Member

Got a G23 with the NY trigger

Having to laugh at myself a little. So I have finally jumped in and got my first glock.

I got a used G23 off gunbroker, picked it up monday. Was checking it out the other night and couldn't help thinking the trigger pull was kinda gritty and a little heavy. I even compared it to the pull on my M&P, it deff felt heavier. So later that night I decided to go ahead and order the ghost rocket trigger kit. I was a little hesistant, but read plenty of positive reviews (mostly on here). And yes I plan on carrying this gun and will with the ghost trigger.

So it all should be here tom, so tonight I decided to go ahead and take it all apart just to learn how to and help it go easier/quicker tom. I look up a youtube video and start disassembling. I get to the trigger housing and pull it out, take it apart, clean it all up then go to reassemble . . . . . . .uh what is this thing . . . . wait thats not in his gun . . . .

And lo and behold I have the stupid plastic peice with a spring which I have learned is the NY trigger peice. I was really confused for a minute, then I searched the web to figure it out. Atleast I know I wasn't crazy for thinking it was a heavy trigger, and I'm really glad I have the new parts on the way. I also ordered a smooth face trigger (thanks ramrod) and a grip plug. Can't wait to put it all together tom, then take it to the range on saturday
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

2. Remove Ads

Would you mind posting some pics of your findings? Just so I can be on the look out. My trigger feels a little heavy but I have never shot a brand new gun until I bought my G23. I dont remember anything in the packaging saying it had a NY Trigger though.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

If it's the NY1 then keep it in case you ever decide to experiment some. I actually prefer it because I can shoot the gun faster with what feels like an even more distinct reset.

Distinguished Member
    I don't think you could get the NY trigger buying a brand new glock, you would get the stock glock pistol. Think the modified guns are fitted with the NY trigger after they receive them in NY.

I still post some pics for you and others to see sometime this weekend, once I put the new parts on.

So just got a new 23 as well, huh? What gen did you get?

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbglock View Post
    If it's the NY1 then keep it in case you ever decide to experiment some. I actually prefer it because I can shoot the gun faster with what feels like an even more distinct reset.
    Hmm, intresting. I deff will, I tend to keep all parts, just cause.

G19 AIWB

I picked up a Gen 4. I shot both the 3 and 4 (rentals at my LGS/range) but never got to play with the backstraps on the 4. I took a chance on the 4 to try out the large backstrap. Despite my small hands, I kind of like larger frames.

The money may seem excessive for two extra peices of plastic but no regrets here.

My trigger issues are most likley user error and control. Im still shooting low and left and learning. Its a work in progress.

Ooops I overlooled USED in your post.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Interesting. I would have thought that gunbroker would have mentioned the NY trigger. In any case you've got a great pistol in the G23. Enjoy in good health.

First, any Block can be ordered with a NY trigger. Second, although it says a NY1 spring increases the trigger pull to 8 lbs, it may but I think it also makes it smoother with a quicker reset. I have them in all of mine.

Before you criticize it and junk it, try shooting it with love rounds. You actually like it.

VIP Member
    NY triggers are not all that bad. They simply give a more constant, revolver like trigger pull to a Glock which is why many agencies ordered them to aid in a smoother transition from revolvers. As stated they also give a full reset to the trigger.

Our departments Glock 18 was kind of a wild child until I put in a NY trigger after that it was quite easy to control due to the trigger reset.

Some may already know this but for those who dont. Basically a stock Glock trigger is a spring with a loop on each end that when you pull the trigger it stretches the spring. The NY trigger is in the shape of a "V" and when you start your trigger pull it now compresses the spring, the compression of this spring after firing now pushes the trigger back out resulting in a faster reset. I think the NY 1 is the 5 pound and the NY 2 is an 8 pound.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

I add the NY trigger to my Glocks.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Distinguished Member
    Well, I will have to play around with all the setups and see which I prefer. Sorry, guess I shouldn't of called it crap. I did see a #2 on the side of it, was wondering what that was for, guess that means it the NY 2.

I don't know though, I'm new to glocks but have played with 3 of them and none of the other triggers felt like this. This one definantly seems heavier and not as smooth. But like I said I'll play around with all of em and see what I like.

And yes, never thought I'd say this, but I'm very pleased about my new glock.

G19 AIWB

I really like the NY1 trigger (8 lbs) coupled with a 3.5 disconnect combo, making it the standard Glock 5.5-ish pounds trigger pull but with a much more positive reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
    I really like the NY1 trigger (8 lbs) coupled with a 3.5 disconnect combo, making it the standard Glock 5.5-ish pounds trigger pull but with a much more positive reset.
    I may have to give this a try next time I go to the range.

I purchased a Glock 36 years ago and it was the only one I've ever bought that came with the NY1 trigger spring.

I have had every trigger congiguration in my Glocks. NY1, NY2, NY1 & "-" connector, "-" connector by itself, "+" conncetor. I have come full circle and realized that for me, I shoot the original stock set up the best.

BTW the NY1 is 8#, th NY2 is 12#.

OP, the smooth face trigger is a nice upgrade. But I'm not a fan of grip plugs. That little space is there just in case the mag doesn't drop free. It gives you a place to insert your thumb and RIP the mag out if necessary.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Just get yourself a new spring and use the standard Glock set up. I tried NY set up and did not like it.
    What color is your NY spring (plastic piece)? Their are 2 set ups, one is 8lbs (olive color) and one is 12 lbs (orange I think).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links