Nano 9mm vs PF9

This is a discussion on Nano 9mm vs PF9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; thinking about getting one or the other,has anybody compared them or have both? as far as reliability,size,weight,etc. for front pocket carry compared to a P3AT. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Nano 9mm vs PF9

Nano 9mm vs PF9

thinking about getting one or the other,has anybody compared them or have both? as far as reliability,size,weight,etc. for front pocket carry compared to a P3AT. Thanks
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

2. Remove Ads

I'm thinking about a Nano myself. I just haven't talked myself into it yet! I looked at the PF9. The trigger pinched my finger everytime that I pulled it? So that turned me off in a hurry!
    Tony

I have a couple of PF-9's, and compared to the Nano, there is no comparison as far as quality and worksmanship. Nano wins that one.....but there is a $150 difference in price. I carry my PF-9's in my right front pocket, and have never had an issue with them. I played with the Nano, and it felt a bit blocky and too thick to carry in a pocket, but that is because I am used to the PF-9 at .86" in thickness. No doubt, its a quality little gun.
    I personally think that for pocket carry, the PF-9 is hard to beat. They do take a little training and TLC to handle properly, but for the price of the Keltec, its worth the added effort. Mine have been very reliable and accurate, so I have no complaints. Some owners hate them with a passion but I feel that most complaints are due to setting expectations too high, and not properly learning to shoot the gun. You shoot the PF-9 on its terms, not yours.
    Gary T and Brass63 like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Thanks,I like Kel-Tec
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I have a couple of PF-9's, and compared to the Nano, there is no comparison as far as quality and worksmanship. Nano wins that one.....but there is a $150 difference in price. I carry my PF-9's in my right front pocket, and have never had an issue with them. I played with the Nano, and it felt a bit blocky and too thick to carry in a pocket, but that is because I am used to the PF-9 at .86" in thickness. No doubt, its a quality little gun.
    I personally think that for pocket carry, the PF-9 is hard to beat. They do take a little training and TLC to handle properly, but for the price of the Keltec, its worth the added effort. Mine have been very reliable and accurate, so I have no complaints. Some owners hate them with a passion but I feel that most complaints are due to setting expectations too high, and not properly learning to shoot the gun. You shoot the PF-9 on its terms, not yours.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I carried a pf-9 for 2 1/2 years and had no problems with it and shot it alot for a very light pistol. I have not shot a nano but simple don't care much for berreta line so that leaves me out. I did sell the KT pf-9 after getting real deal on a kahr cw9 and then buying a cm9 . That end the kt pf-9 time with me. The kahr is simple a better pistol. Bettter trigger, better fit and finish and SS. and the cm9 is more accurate as the extra couple oz weight also help with control for double tap practice. It is also a bit smaller than the nano . Both are pocket carried. Remeber to if it has any issues , change ammo and start with a 124gr with any still problems, change shooters, HA. After thangs break in, recoils spring soften a bit both the pf-9 and cm9 ran fine for practice with anything feed to them. Good luck

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I couldn't decide so I bought both. Now I can't decide which to carry. I guess I'm just fickle, I like em both!
    zonker1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    I carried a pf-9 for 2 1/2 years and had no problems with it and shot it alot for a very light pistol. I have not shot a nano but simple don't care much for berreta line so that leaves me out. I did sell the KT pf-9 after getting real deal on a kahr cw9 and then buying a cm9 . That end the kt pf-9 time with me. The kahr is simple a better pistol. Bettter trigger, better fit and finish and SS. and the cm9 is more accurate as the extra couple oz weight also help with control for double tap practice. It is also a bit smaller than the nano . Both are pocket carried. Remeber to if it has any issues , change ammo and start with a 124gr with any still problems, change shooters, HA. After thangs break in, recoils spring soften a bit both the pf-9 and cm9 ran fine for practice with anything feed to them. Good luck

and again, the CM-9 is about $150-175 more than the Keltec PF-9. You can get a PF-9 for $249 and a CM-9 for $399 on Budsgunshop.com delivered. Quite a price differential for guns that basically do the same thing with practice. Yeah, I'm a Kahr fan as well as everything you said about them is the reason I like them too.....I still carry the PF-9.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I like to see kel Tec get rid of the rail on the PF9
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I looked at the smaller 9 mm pistols and chose the PF 9. For carry it is hard to beat. You can buy them around here for 250 to 270 dollars plus tax.

The PF9's the smallest of the 9mm's. It's almost too light, making it tricky to shoot for some (limpwristing). The Nano is about 50% heavier and may be tougher to pocket carry for that. The Kahr might be a better alternative. I'm happy with my PF9, though it took a little work.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    zonker like the Nano is cheap??? The cw cm kahrs do indeed sell for 375 in most places so its more than viable compaired to the nano. I don't have have any issues with the pf-9 except a general quality. It will make the lighter pistol to carry for sure. But the kahr does it with more control and detail.

The Beretta by far is going to be your better choice. I have had both. The Nano has a better trigger, and fit and finish is better. I have moved onto an XDs, but would not hesitate to throw a Nano in my front pocket and continue my day feeling just as secure.
    ...and the trees are all kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw............RUSH
    www.okshooters.com

i like the fp9. i also got a pm9 but the pf9 is a better for what is use it for. i dropped in the new aftermarket trigger and now the pf9 shoot just as good as my kahr.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I've shot both... the nano has a WAY better trigger. Pf9 seemed smaller but not by much. For the price difference I'd take the PF9 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I couldn't decide so I bought both. Now I can't decide which to carry. I guess I'm just fickle, I like em both!
    I've got the same issue, but it's between the CM9 & the Shield!

Regards,
    Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links