M&P 9mm totally malfunctioned

This is a discussion on M&P 9mm totally malfunctioned within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Did you figure out why? My xd40 had the exact same response to fiocci ammo fastk9dad. Caught on feed ramp twice in every mag. First ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: M&P 9mm totally malfunctioned

Did you figure out why? My xd40 had the exact same response to fiocci ammo fastk9dad. Caught on feed ramp twice in every mag. First time I ever had a problem with that gun before or since. Did some research and realized it was the ammo. Made me really appreciate knowing ones gun AND ammo.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Did you figure out why? My xd40 had the exact same response to fiocci ammo fastk9dad. Caught on feed ramp twice in every mag. First time I ever had a problem with that gun before or since. Did some research and realized it was the ammo. Made me really appreciate knowing ones gun AND ammo.
    I never did figure it out. I only had 4 boxes and never went back for more. I did compare them to some Lawman rounds and didn't notice a difference in length or a big difference in profile so who knows.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    OMG!!! All M&P's must be crap! I'm getting rid of both of mine ASAP!!!
    :)

My thoughts exactly...if I had a nickel for every person starting a thread in all the gun forums about this gun or that gun malfunctioning but being passive-aggressive about why they started it, I'd have $5 at least!

I watched an expert level IDPA shooter struggle with a couple of his M&P9's at a training we were taking. He had changed out the recoil springs in both of them and they gave him fits. I was running my M&P9L at that same 1000 round class and had 0 problems with mine. I think he was running "Too light" springs for the factory ammo we had to use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links