Yet another Glock?

Yet another Glock?

This is a discussion on Yet another Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Am debating a Gen 4 26 or a Gen 3 33, which my local guy was cruel enough to order. Said he did it without ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Yet another Glock?

Yet another Glock?

Am debating a Gen 4 26 or a Gen 3 33, which my local guy was cruel enough to order. Said he did it without thinking of me, even though I am about the only 357 SIG guy around here. Ha ha, what a funny guy. Looks like I am going to grab one or the other. I figure with an extension the 33 won't be too bad, and the price is right there. But I have a Gen 4 19 that is just a honey, and I expect a 26 would be just about like it. Is a 33 decent to shoot? My 32 is just fine.

No, I cannot just get both.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Is a 33 decent to shoot?

The G33 is a great shooter, and due to the dual recoil springs felt recoil is similar if not less that the G32. Remember that all Glock subcompacts had the dual recoil spring since inception. The G19/23/32 only added the dual recoil springs in Gen 4's.

AZJD1968 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I have the 27 that sees the .357sig barrel constantly. (it hasn't had the .40 in it since I bought the .357 for it, making it a G33) . Its an awesome gun!

I also have 40-9 conversion for it, that makes it a G26....Also awesome.... but I still like the .357sig better!

I vote for the Gen3 G33. You can always get a conversion and 9mm mags for it making it shoot 9mm.

Lone Wolf Distributors - Product Detail - LWD Barrel M/27&33 Conversion to 9mm Stock Length - $109.95

Good luck on your choice..... Both are great guns, the G33 just gives you more options.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    The G33 is a great shooter, and due to the dual recoil springs felt recoil is similar if not less that the G32. Remember that all Glock subcompacts had the dual recoil spring since inception. The G19/23/32 only added the dual recoil springs in Gen 4's.

LOL Zonker. I was trying to beat you to your post! I knew it would be close!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Ah yes. Forgot that the little ones use the dual spring assembly. That leans me even farther to the 33.

VIP Member
    Get the G26 and be able to share mags with your G19. Then get a G17 like I did and share mags accross the board. No reason to get the G33 unless you got other .357 sigs. YMMV
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Get the G26 and be able to share mags with your G19. Then get a G17 like I did and share mags accross the board. No reason to get the G33 unless you got other .357 sigs. YMMV
    Agreed. Only reason I would go with the 33 over the 26 would be if someone was supplying me ammo for cheaper than I could find 9mm and planning on keeping the flow coming for awhile. Otherwise, you'll be able to practice more with the 9mm for less money.

I know there are lots of guys that like to buy the .40 version of Glocks and then buy a bunch of spare barrels and magazines and extractors etc to make their pistol into a Transformer. That's fine, whatever floats their boats. I prefer to only have to buy 1 type of ammo. Makes life easier, especially when the caliber is the cheapest of the service caliber pistol rounds.

Get both.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

The G33 is a nasty little pistol, and you will be very hard pressed to get this kind of performance from any 9mm.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Oh yeah, those rounds knock people over right? I know, I'm a smarty pants....just had to!

All pistol rounds suck at incapacitating people. As is often said, shot placement is king. I prefer to practice my shot placement more for less money. Then again, if money isn't an issue and you can practice the same with any caliber go ahead and choose what makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    Oh yeah, those rounds knock people over right? I know, I'm a smarty pants....just had to!

All pistol rounds suck at incapacitating people. As is often said, shot placement is king. I prefer to practice my shot placement more for less money. Then again, if money isn't an issue and you can practice the same with any caliber go ahead and choose what makes you feel better.
    you mean I actually have to hit what I am shooting at? I was hoping just the loud muzzle blast from the .357SIG would scare the BG to death and I would not have to worry about making a mess.

lol, yep!

That's a tough choice. Well no, actually for me it's an easy choice. I already have a G26, so it would be the .357 for me. You just have to decide whether you want another 9mm or if you want the extra power of the .357 Sig. I believe I remember that there are some 9mm +Ps, (or +P+'s, I guess) that came pretty close to .357 Sig ballistics.

Sponsored Links