S&W 638 Issue!

This is a discussion on S&W 638 Issue! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I dropped it off at the gun store that I bought it at. They are going to have the smith look at it and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: S&W 638 Issue!

Well I dropped it off at the gun store that I bought it at. They are going to have the smith look at it and if need be send it in to S&W themselves. I suppose every gun cannot be perfect that comes out of S&W, but damn this sucks.

2. Remove Ads

Hope it works out for you! Do keep us posted. Might be just me, but it seems like S&W is having some QC issues of late. All makers have them from time to time - I'm sure they will make it right. Hopefully you will regain trust in the gun. Good luck!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    They will make it right just look it over real well when you get it back. Clean it well and lube it to. Hope this does not take long to fix. With the cylinder gaps you had it might be a different revolvers too.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtyler05si View Post
    I never cleaned it yet as I had not
    I always clean new guns before Shooting them. Fixes a whole bunch of potential problems.
    marcclarke likes this.

Update: I dropped it off on Sept. 4 at the gunstore I bought it at. They looked at it a bit and eventually sent it off to S&W on the 11th. It came back last wednesday (19th) ready for me to pick up. S&W apparently replaced the cylinder. I wasn't able to get an explanation as to what the problem actually was.
    This weekend, I shot 75 bullets through it in one session at a decent speed (identical to first shooting experience). I shot 50 158gr. full lead bullets and 25 125gr. FMJ +P.
    It shot wonderfully. I need to put some more through it, but my trust has been replenished in this gun and in S&W.

Thanks for the help guys!
    10thmtn likes this.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Glad its working for you now. If you have issues again contact s&w your self and have them send you a shipping label. You can set it up to pick up or drop off at a ups drop and cut out the slow to react dealers. No reason to deal with them too. Now your ready again to cc that little revolver atleast.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links