Question concerning legality of purchase - Page 3

Question concerning legality of purchase

This is a discussion on Question concerning legality of purchase within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Man! Are we sure CA is a part of the US? I knew the laws in CA were "different" but I never realized they were ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Question concerning legality of purchase

GH
    Man! Are we sure CA is a part of the US? I knew the laws in CA were "different" but I never realized they were draconian! It appears they've taken the US Constitution & used it for toilet paper.

Do the gun-related crime statistics there reflect the anti-gun laws?

I have a good friend who is an avid gun enthusiast that owns property in CA & wants to retire there in a few years. He'd better start doing some research.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

In most states "LEO Only" refers to the discounts offered to the LGS to be passed on to the customer. If the LGS gets caught selling "LE Only" arms to civilians, the distributors will be forced to stop selling that manufacturer's guns to the LGS.

In CA, it's different, as LE can buy guns off of a different and much larger list. Of course, once they're not LE anymore and get upgraded to civilian status, things change.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

In Ca Calguns is the place to go for answers. Its a site owned by our 2nd A law firm. They will get you the answers with the legal citations. so that you can read it your self. As far as the LE having to give up his M4, that was his Depts rules. not Ca state law. He bought the gun under their athority and they retained control of it after he left the dept. most CA countys do not.

There are rules about buying and selling off roster guns, and there are some exemptions for off roster guns that may get you the gun you want. one of the exemptions is for single shot guns. An 06 FFL [ manufactures license] can creat a single shot gun from most any gun. once you own it you can convert it back legaly. of course there is a fee for this service.

There are also rules for Inter familiar transfers. [ gifting from one family member to another] This has very specific rules that you need to know before you start the process. My advise is do your homework first and you can have most anything you want. DR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links