Lousy trip to the range.

This is a discussion on Lousy trip to the range. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On Labor Day, the last thing you will catch me doing is any labor. Off to the range I went. SIG 229 40, M&P 9, ...

Thread: Lousy trip to the range.

Lousy trip to the range.

On Labor Day, the last thing you will catch me doing is any labor. Off to the range I went.

SIG 229 40, M&P 9, M&P 357, all low and left. All of 'em. Checked grip, stance, sight picture, no avail. Only one thing left.

It never ceases to amaze me just how fast shooting skills disappear. Looks like a few snap caps and a million dry fires are in order. Again. Trigger jerking seems to creep up on me if I stay away from the range for more than a couple weeks. With the boy playing football, I haven't been to the range for awhile. As I may be looking at law enforcement career, I figured I'd better start shooting a 40 (yuck) as that is what is mandated. Turns out that I need to work on all of it.

That'll really shake a guy's confidence, even if the groups were nice and snug.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Hang in there, you are spot on with your diagnosis.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

This happens with me as well when I slack on range time. You'll be alright. Easily corrected.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

It's just like (and more fun than) riding a bike. Just do a fair bit of dry fire, and get to the range as much as you can.

Distinguished Member
    Look at the bright side. A bad day at the range is better than a bad day at work.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Look at the bright side. A bad day at the range is better than a bad day at work.
    Or a good day at work.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Links