Help with M&P mag release rusting

This is a discussion on Help with M&P mag release rusting within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gasmitty ...after all, this is their "Military and Police" line, not their "doctor and accountant" line... Your comment got my mind to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Help with M&P mag release rusting

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    ...after all, this is their "Military and Police" line, not their "doctor and accountant" line...
    Your comment got my mind to wandering and I started imagining a line of firearms specifically built for and marketed to doctors and accountants. It gave me a much needed laugh at the end of my day.
    Aceoky likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    Agree with try another holster with a larger sweat shield.
    This is a good option but I'm not in the mood to spend $100+ on another holster at the moment. I will keep the option open if that's what I have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Meanwhile, give S&W a call and talk to their service department. They need to know about the potential for that part to corrode - after all, this is their "Military and Police" line, not their "doctor and accountant" line. They should expect their guns so marketed to see rough duty.
    Yes I'll be calling S&W

Quote Originally Posted by DrahtDog View Post
    You have tried GREASE instead of oil? Grease should stay put, much much longer than oil. I find it hard to believe that they have greases that keep parts from rusting on underwater oil rigs under salt water in the ocean but wont keep your m&p mag release from sticking. You could aways trade it for a glock and deal with it that way. Id probably really put in a new one then grease it because once its pitted, your probably not going to get all the rust off. Maybe your part wasnt treated from the factory like it was supposed to be or something like that.
    Yes I used GREASE, and I never said it didn't work, it's to early to tell since it's only been a day that I noticed the rust.

you are not the only one with this problem, mine has been getting rust in the same area. I took the button out and scrapped at the rust with a knife gently to make sure it wasn't some type of sauce. It was definitely rust. I am using a theis horsehide holster with this, but I am in phoenix az so it gets pretty hot and sweaty here.

Quote Originally Posted by sbebenelli View Post
    This is a good option but I'm not in the mood to spend $100+ on another holster at the moment. I will keep the option open if that's what I have to do.

Yes I'll be calling S&W

Yes I used GREASE, and I never said it didn't work, it's to early to tell since it's only been a day that I noticed the rust.
    Try Dustin @ Ozark (he's a member here) $45 shipped/insured horsehide/kydex and the one he built us for the M&P 40C seems to cover all and then some (without being bulky)

http://www.ozarksholstercompany.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links