Light, reliable auto for pocket carry - Page 3

Light, reliable auto for pocket carry

This is a discussion on Light, reliable auto for pocket carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kahr PM9 has been 100% reliable and great for times when one can only pocket carry. If I can, a DW Patriot 1911 is covered ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Light, reliable auto for pocket carry

Kahr PM9 has been 100% reliable and great for times when one can only pocket carry. If I can, a DW Patriot 1911 is covered by a coat or vest.

I'm a fan of the Kel-tec P3AT and the Kahr MK9. Those are my choices for pocket gun. When I can't carry a larger gun, I carry the MK9. When I can't carry the MK9, I carry the P3AT.

Got to shoot a P3AT today (thanks Bryan!) and I must say it's a pretty sweet gun in such a small package. I don't think anyone could go wrong with one for pocket carry.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    You are more than welcome.

Well I finally got to start breaking mine in today with a bunch of cheap (and dirty) S&B ammo. Toward the end it was pretty gunked up, and it did fte once. I also had a couple of ftf's but they didn't start until around 75-100 rounds. After I polish the feed ramp and clean it, I believe it will make a reliable piece.
    It also doesn't have a rough trigger pull, as I have heard others complain about. It is a bit long, but not bad at all. The sights are not exactly competiton level, but they are adequate.

All in all, not bad for $215.00

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
    You are more than welcome.

Well I finally got to start breaking mine in today with a bunch of cheap (and dirty) S&B ammo. Toward the end it was pretty gunked up, and it did fte once. I also had a couple of ftf's but they didn't start until around 75-100 rounds. After I polish the feed ramp and clean it, I believe it will make a reliable piece.
    It also doesn't have a rough trigger pull, as I have heard others complain about. It is a bit long, but not bad at all. The sights are not exactly competiton level, but they are adequate.

All in all, not bad for $215.00
    How do you keep the P3AT from banging a hole in your thumb? I had one for a week or so and ended up trading it in towards something else after I kept having what seemed like intractable jam FTF issues. But, I never was able to hold it properly it seemed, the tang kept hitting the same spot on my thumb over and over and over... ow.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    lol! Well I haven't gotten bitten by it yet. I did get my supporting hand up a bit to close , and it tapped my thumbnail just enough to barely feel it, and leave a little carbon trail across it. Another 16th of an inch and I bet it would have hurt.

I found that I can best use it one handed. Accuracy might suffer just a tad, but tagret aquisition seems faster, and it leaves my other hand free for a light or whatever.

Now if I could just figure out why I tend to always hit the target to the right of where I am aiming I'll be doing good.

I am beginning to think I am crosseyed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links