First outing with my new Nano

This is a discussion on First outing with my new Nano within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up my new Beretta Nano at my local gun shop today and went straight to the range to try it out. I put ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First outing with my new Nano

I picked up my new Beretta Nano at my local gun shop today and went straight to the range to try it out. I put a bit over 100 rounds through it. Overall I'm happy. I love the feel of the pistol, and how it fits my hand. It points very naturally and is very comfortable to shoot. I tried three different loads in it, and it swallowed everything without a hitch. On the rest it shot very well. Nice groups at 10 yards. Offhand, well, let's just say I need some more practice!! (I also am way overdue for new glasses. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!) :)

The only complaint I have is the trigger. It is pretty long, and feels sort of "mushy" for lack of a better word. Just not very positive. Not sure if there's anything that can be done with it or not, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I'm going to run a bunch more ammo through the thing and then I'll report back.

Now I gotta start thinking about a holster!
    Ionracas likes this.
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Good to hear a range report for the Nano. I've had mine for several months,but have yet to fire it. Glad to hear there were no issues.

Distinguished Member
    Congrats on the new peice! I couldn't resist holding one at the gun show last weekend, those nano's are pretty small.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I agree, it's a great little gun. Doesn't cause sore hands like some small .380's do.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Hope you enjoy. Most trigger problems are with the finger.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    You spend some time with it and that trigger will feel very natural like with most any trigger will.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    You spend some time with it and that trigger will feel very natural like with most any trigger will.
    Yep, that's what I'm thinking too. I'm looking forward to the next time I get to take it to the range. I'm sure it will feel more and more natural. Sure shoots nice! Very comfortable.
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Yea to many people buy a pistol and then ***** about it or sell it because the trigger was terrible and never give themselves a chance to learn it. Now it it has real gritty pull that might be another story but for the most part any 5 to 8 lb trigger will feel just right after a couple hundred rounds and group size will get better. Just remember to allways finish any range time with your CC pistol. Just to retun that trigger finger and after some time it may only take 5 or 6 rounds to do that. Good way to shoot the old CC ammo any how. take care

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Hi, did it come with two mags?

The Kahr CM9 only comes with one.

I also think that reloading the NANO would be easier than the smaller CM9?

It does come with two magazines. I also love the stainless steel mags and followers.

Addressing the trigger, it is a bit mushy. I polished the plunger and gave it a little oil. Mine is naturally long, but smooth. I love my Nano. I am only selling it, because I need a little extra cash right now.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    It does come with two magazines. I also love the stainless steel mags and followers.
    You beat me to it, but I agree, the magazines are top quality. I used both magazines yesterday at the range and they both functioned flawlessly. I didn't have one single problem. As others have mentioned, I'm sure I'll get used to the trigger, but I was already pretty happy with the accuracy. More time with the gun will yield better results I'm sure.
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

What trigger are you comparing it to? What are you used to?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    What trigger are you comparing it to? What are you used to?
    I have a number of different handguns, so I'm not comparing it to any particular one. I have a Springfield Armory XDm 9mm, a Taurus 92, and a number of Colt 1911s (which are a different animal all together). I have also fired Glocks, Kahrs, and a smattering of others.
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

I've heard people describe the Kahr trigger the same as you describe the Nano's. I have been looking at the Nano and hope it's trigger is similar to the Kahr's because I really like it. Would you say they are similar?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

It's been a while since I've shot a Kahr, so my memory isn't very recent. I'd have to shoot them side by side to make a proper analysis. A friend of mine has a Kahr so maybe I can do that soon and I'll report back.
    Cheers!

Joe
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links