Glock 29sf??

This is a discussion on Glock 29sf?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been looking for a g29sf for awhile now, and there all on back order. There's one shop that has a regular frame g29. Is ...

Thread: Glock 29sf??

Glock 29sf??

I've been looking for a g29sf for awhile now, and there all on back order. There's one shop that has a regular frame g29. Is there a big difference in the sf and regular frame one? I'll be using for mainly a woods gun and some carry. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

My opinion is that if you have small to medium hands the SF would be better. If you have large hands then the regular one should be OK, but in the end it is up to you, but to safe I would get the SF. God Bless

I debated between the G30 and G30SF. In the end I got the G30 because CT does not make lasergrips for the SF version. Funny thing is that while the gun does feel thick in my hand, I have no issue shooting it. Go figure.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop has the 29sf in stock for $545. Ive bought several guns from them with zero problems. Plus no sales tax.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    Glockmeister also has the 29 SF for $545 delivered Glock 29 SF-www.glockmeister.com
    If you want night sights they will install them for free before they ship the pistol, you just pay cost of the sights.
    I've bought from Glockmeister before, no problem.
    Find a FFL dealer in your area that is willing to send a copy of their FFL to Buds or Glockmeister and receive the 29SF, around here the typical transfer fee is $25
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I held both the G30 and G30SF, and I could feel no real difference between the two. Some do, but there was no significant difference to me. I choose the G30 and have been very pleased with it.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I just bought a 30sf last week. It feels perfect in my hands which are big.

I was back and forth between the G29 and G29SF. I definitely prefer the 29SF. My dad has the 29, and although he loves it, when handling the two he's mentioned he might prefer the SF. I have loved my Glock 29SF. It is sitting next to me now. Phenomenal gun, easy to control in my opinion, and tons of power. When outdoors I carry it with DoubleTap 200gr hardcast. These suckers are supposed to come out of this barrel with almost 700 lb-ft of energy. I have shot a handful of them through just to make sure they work, and they do! There is a definite difference between these DoubleTap rounds and lower pressure loads. Also love the option of converting to .40 with a simple barrel swap to KKM or Storm Lake, or even Lone Wolf. I'm planning to purchase a storm lake barrel pronto. Good luck.

Links