What is the most accurate handgun you have ever fired, fifteen yards and under?

This is a discussion on What is the most accurate handgun you have ever fired, fifteen yards and under? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sig P220 stainless...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: What is the most accurate handgun you have ever fired, fifteen yards and under?

Sig P220 stainless
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

2. Remove Ads

Until recently, I would have said it was a toss up between my 6" Python and Gold Cup National Match......but my new Dan Wesson CCO with Crimson Trace grips just puts one right after another in the same hole....more accurate than I can hold! Unbelievable Accuracy! Dan Wesson has made a believer out of me!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Well as faras outside to outside I'd say the Ruger Single Six, At a close second a S&W 29-1 ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Model 52 S&W.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Kimber Gold Combat II 1911

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    At about 15 yards, well, a Kimber Stainless Gold Match, and a couple of Les Baers come to mind as about tied, able to shoot groups with all holes touching, or nearly so. I cannot recall saving any targets, nor measuring group size. Really, 15 yards is too close to break a tie. Two of my most-used pistol ranges only extend about that far, and only one of those has bench-rest capability.

That Kimber Stainless Gold Match was Finicky, with a capital F, so I am not recommending Kimber as a brand name.

The above assumes slow-fire. When I pick up the pace, I tend to shoot DA sixguns better.

Now that I am wearing spectacles, my ability to shoot small groups is gone. When I visit the eye doc again, I plan to address the shooting issue. After a decade of mostly shooting utilitarian handguns, I have started shooting my one remaining 1911, my Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special, again, and probably have a different rear sight installed.

I own a S&W K22 and a Ruger MKII GTM that were accurate enough at 15yards that I could shoot the staples out of the target when I was done shooting the bullseye out. I used to hit an 8" I beam with the GTM at 200yards when I was showing off at a friends range.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

KoB
    HK 45C = BULLSEYE....for me

My new Ruger SR 1911..Shoots lights out GREAT...

Tie
    P228
    Hunter III
    Beretta Neos
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    All of them.
    Great answer. My Kimber Utra carry was really accurate under 15yards. My Ultra Aegis II in 9mm is even more so. The sig229 in. 40 isthe sooftest shooting. 40 in that size group. I'm surgical under 15 yards. HK45C is super accurate too thoug.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    SmokinFool;

Didn't see your post just before this one. I'm referring to my 6-inch Python not necessarily yours.
    I just saw this. Hey, I know not all specimens of the same make and model will perform the same. I used to have a Smith model 29 6.5" that was decent but didn't deliver top-notch accuracy. I sold it about fifteen years ago. I was shooting with a friend about five years ago and shot his mod 29 6.5" and it was amazing! Some day perhaps I'll try my luck at another one and hopefully I'll draw a winner like his.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan45acp View Post
    My new Ruger SR 1911..Shoots lights out GREAT...
    I'm afraid to ask the meaning of this post but, well you know...inquiring minds want to know! I think I have an idea of where you're coming from but want to be sure I understood correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor44 View Post
    I have been shooting handguns for fifty years. I've owned some of the finest 1911s made, Wilson combat, Ed Browns, Les Baers, Nighthawks, plus H&Ks, Sigs, Glocks, etc.

I own a Walther PPQ that I shoot more accurately than anything I have ever held in my hand. I am curious which gun has been most accurate, offhand, standing, no rest, of all the guns you have ever shot.
    It may be a factor but I also think the PPQ has the best trigger of any gun I have shot, with it's advertised 1/10th inch reset.
    Centerfire? Truth be known........my SIG P220SAO. I'm guessing no need to mention second best. I still like my Glocks.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    That's a tough question! It's a toss up between a 1980s Beretta 84 (steel) .380 and my S&W 586 4" .357 mag revolver. Both routinely tore one ragged hole COM at 15 yards with factory ammo (95 grain FMJ in the Beretta and Winchester 158 grain JHP). The 586 did the same thing at 25 yards. I won my academy's "firearms award" with that 586.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links