Current best price on Kahr CM9? (for pocket carry)

This is a discussion on Current best price on Kahr CM9? (for pocket carry) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone, I'm looking to pick up a Kahr CM9 in addition to my XDm 9mm compact. The XDm is just a little big for ...

Thread: Current best price on Kahr CM9? (for pocket carry)

Current best price on Kahr CM9? (for pocket carry)

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to pick up a Kahr CM9 in addition to my XDm 9mm compact. The XDm is just a little big for many CC uses. I love it, but it's not that small :)

So what's the best place to pick one up?

Also, am I correct in thinking it'll be good for pocket carry?

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Try grabagun.com. I believe they are $373.78 plus $5.99 or so on shipping to a local FFL dealer. Don't forget the transfer charge your FFL will charge. It's usually around $20 +/-. Don't quote me exactly on the price but the last time I checked that was about the price. Great gun for pocket carry in loose fitting pants!
    Live for today because no one promised you tomorrow!!

I didn't like pocket carrying mine. In very thick pants like carhartts it was kind of ok but I wouldn't recommend it.

I pocket carry my CM9 almost every day, and it is super comfortable in regular cargo pants (not the cargo pocket, flops around too much) and slacks.

Jean pockets are too tight for pocket carry IMHO.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

By the way, welcome to the Forum

There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Davidsons Gallery of Guns has the CM9 for $395+shipping+sales tax - no transfer fee if you buy one through one of their affiliated gun stores. Shipping is about $30.
    BudsGunshop.com has them for $399, free shipping and no sales tax +transfer fee

The CM9 is fine for pocket carry with the right pants. I have no trouble in dress slacks, jeans or cargo shorts. If you glue your jeans on, then yes, you will have an issue pocket carrying anything.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

My LGS ordered me on recently for $380+tax and for me, it pocket carries fine.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    It might depend on if the pistol is part of a large gun shop order or just a single order. Price here is from 350 to 375 dollars.. There may also be a time when you do need to iwb but maybe only in thinner slacks. So a very basic iwb/pocket like a De Santis Pocket tuck can serve both needs.

I also pocket carry and that is the reason I kept my CM9 rather than moving to a PPS or Shield. Got mine last winter from CTD for $363 + $10 shipping but it looks like they are currently out of stock. Welcome.

I just picked up a cm9 (as an optional carry for my XDM 9 compact as well coincidentally) the last week of August for $385 otd (6.75% sales tax) at a local gun show. Good luck on your search.

Phillip

I would try the CM9 out in pocket carry before you commit to it. I have the PM9, it's too big for comfortable pocket carry in the pants I own. That's the reason I bought the P380.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

As you can see, lots of pinions on pocket carrying that pistol!

The weight is more of an issue than the size. It is ~ 20 oz loaded. You can always have your pocket tailored to fit the gun, but you cannot do anything about its weight.

I have pocket carried a PM9, but have switched to an LCR, due to persistent issues with Kahr pistols that I have owned. I've given up on that brand.

If you do go down that road, I would suggest Davidson's. Unless I am mistaken, if you end up not liking the gun, they will allow you to trade it back in for something else, or another one, no questions asked. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong on that.

Good luck.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I love my CM9 but not in a pocket. My LCP is the only pocket gun I am comfortable with. I carry my CM9 in an OWB leather holster which is the most comfortable for me. EDC I think is important and comfort is secondary.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

You can also try looking for a used PM9. I have seen some sometimes go for the price of a new CM9. God Bless

Links