Tyler T Grip - Page 2

Tyler T Grip

This is a discussion on Tyler T Grip within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I shot my first .38 with T Grips and have been longing for them ever since. No one hear carries them and I've been scared ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tyler T Grip

I shot my first .38 with T Grips and have been longing for them ever since. No one hear carries them and I've been scared off by the discussion on this and other websites. I really want them on my 60's era Airweight snubbie and .357. I just love the way they feel. Anyone with any input on how long or reliable ordering them has been?

JIm

BK Grips is good about handling orders on a timely basis. T-Grips has had some issues in the past and almost went out of business. They're in much better shape now but still building up inventories. AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by violinjim View Post
    I shot my first .38 with T Grips and have been longing for them ever since. No one hear carries them and I've been scared off by the discussion on this and other websites. I really want them on my 60's era Airweight snubbie and .357. I just love the way they feel. Anyone with any input on how long or reliable ordering them has been?JIm
    Let me link you to a previous thread:
    Tyler manufacturing is back to excellent customer service

I just dropped an order form in the mail, now I just wait.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by violinjim View Post
    No one hear carries them and I've been scared off by the discussion on this and other websites. Anyone with any input on how long or reliable ordering them has been?
    Don't be afraid Vjim. It's just a grip adapter.

They don't wear-out or go bad like old milk. Lots of longtime (re: old) handgunners have 'em sitting around in shoeboxes with the rest of the parts that go to guns that we don't own anymore! You can occasionally catch 'em used on Gunbroker or Guns USA. You can post "WTB" ads here & on other forums. Or you can still order 'em new from the manufacturer. Delivery time was about 3 weeks last time I ordered.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

back in the 80's and early 90's the arms room put t-grips on all of our model 36/60 backup guns.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I'm going to order two tomorrow.

I personally like the old wooden grips without them. I can get a higher purchase on the grip. My newer S&W snubs lose the boot grip and get an old wooden grip for the same reason. If you look a the new rubber boot grips that come on them, they incorporate the size and shape of the t-grip into them. I just prefer without them and being able to get my hand and fingers higher on the grip. Perhaps that is just what I got used to a long time ago.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I personally like the old wooden grips without them. I can get a higher purchase on the grip. My newer S&W snubs lose the boot grip and get an old wooden grip for the same reason. If you look a the new rubber boot grips that come on them, they incorporate the size and shape of the t-grip into them. I just prefer without them and being able to get my hand and fingers higher on the grip. Perhaps that is just what I got used to a long time ago.
    Me too. I am from the Oklahoma City Area, where Tyler T's are made. Had the pleasure to meet with and buy from Mr. Melvin Tyler himself when the gentleman was still with us, and he made some nice stuff. However, I just never could get used to the T grip no matter how I tried. Some people, most it seems who try them, swear by them though.

I ordered on 9/11 and the grip showed up today...great turnaround.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

Looking at them one question? Do u keep the tabs straight or bend them over before tightening the grip panels?
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Do not bend the tabs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links