Problems with my XDsc

This is a discussion on Problems with my XDsc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; FTF (failure to feed) and FTE can both be caused by limp wristing and a bad mag. Try swicthing your mags up, if it happens ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Problems with my XDsc

Senior Moderator
    FTF (failure to feed) and FTE can both be caused by limp wristing and a bad mag. Try swicthing your mags up, if it happens with both of them it might be you. if it happen with just one, its a bad mag.
    Lish likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

2. Remove Ads

Agreed w/ pgrass101, definitely could be mag related. At your next range trip see if you can identify a specific mag that may be the culprit. Visually inspect your mags as well since a defect may stand out compared to the others.

VIP Member
    Lish expanding on what others have said.

Go back to the basics and use the process of elimination. Use the original mag and ammo. If that works switch mags and see if the problem will repeat itself if it does have someone else shoot the gun. Smaller compact guns to put it simply have a smaller margin for error than there full size counterparts. If you are having a grip issue it may not show up on a full size gun simply because there is more mass in the gun/slide to make it work. Compact guns are not as forgiving and one little problem with grip, wrist and so on can cause issues.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links