Problems with my XDsc

This is a discussion on Problems with my XDsc within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys - looking for some thoughts... My xd9sc is still pretty new - only a couple months old. First range trip it was fine. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Problems with my XDsc

Problems with my XDsc

Hey guys - looking for some thoughts...

My xd9sc is still pretty new - only a couple months old. First range trip it was fine. I put between 150-200 rounds through it no problem. Took it home, cleaned it. The next time which was a couple weeks ago, on the last magazine it had one fail to eject. I cleared it, finished the mag, the rest of it shot fine. When the mag was empty the slide didn't lock in place as it should have. I tried to get it to lock, it wouldn't, so I just took it home to mess with it. When inspecting it at home I noticed 2 very small plastic shavings inside where the magazine goes. I reached up, scraped them off with my fingernail. Cleaned the gun. Everything was all better. I fired 4 shots into my pond embankment, when empty locked open as it designed. So today I go back to the range. I get about 60 rounds through it and fail to fire. clear it, several rounds later it fails to fire again. Ended up having about 5 or 6 fail to fires and 1 fail to eject from that point on. Twice the slide wouldn't lock open when the magazine was empty, although the last time it did. I peeked at it, I don't see any more plastic shavings, although I haven't looked with a flashlight. Is this part of the break in period? The ammo (although I used the same ammo all 3 times at the range and it was flawless the first time)? A prob with the gun itself? Anyone have any thoughts? I'm rather frustrated and still too much of a newbie to really know what to think....

2. Remove Ads

I'm sorry to hear this. I have put over 1000 rounds (FMJ,HP, and reloads) through my xd9sc without a single hiccup. It should be able to eat almost any type of ammo that you feed it without issue. I hope someone can pop out some useful info for you, but it sounds like some bad luck.

Reading around online I'm wondering if I'm the problem - not the gun or ammo. Apparently many bump the slide release button accidently while shooting, or another common issue is limp wristing from what I'm reading. IDK if those could explain the FTF, FTE and slide not locking issues but it's worth exploring...

I've got thousands of rounds thru my XD40sc with no issues at all.

I have 6 mags for mine. Are the issues consistently happening with the same mag? Could be a mag follower or mag spring issue.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I have never had a FTF or FTE with my XD40SC. Did you try a different magazine?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

The only problem with mine. Was with some reloads when I was just starting to reload. And learning the process. Ftf Fte could be limp wristing. Slide not locking back could be a grip issue. Try different grip holds and magazines ammo combo if that dont work. Sounds like a trip back to Springfield. Good luck and keep us posted. Alot of great people on this site to try and help out.

I don't think limp wristing could cause a failure to fire. That sounds like more of an ammo issue, a weak striker spring, or gunk in the striker channel.

If you shoot with a thumbs-up-and-forward grip, try using your support hand thumb curled down over your firing hand thumb. A high-thumb grip can indeed cause you to bump the slide release, causing the slide to lock open with rounds still in the mag.

Good luck!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Don't try to figure it out... it's ready with that many things going on to take a trip to Springfield and let them fix it up for you. They'll do a good job on it.

My EMP did all of that as well, sent it in, 1 week later it was back in my hands.... and was like a new gun. Never have had any problems with it since then. You won't find better service than Springfield.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I would take it to the manufacturer before it blows up in your face

Oh ok you took it back. Did they tell you what was causing these hick ups?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftak View Post
    I would take it to the manufacturer before it blows up in your face
    I haven't heard any of the problems he is having that would cause the gun to blow up in his face.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I haven't heard any of the problems he is having that would cause the gun to blow up in his face.
    You mean - she is having, in her face.

I love all the people that post on these threads just saying "mine has xxxx rounds, I've had no problems"

I agree with 10thmtn, I don't think you could cause the ftf with limp wristing, might have caused the slide issue with your grip but it's definitely time to go back to springfield.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Thanks for the input guys! Yesterday I was only using the extend mag, didn't think to switch and see. The time before that at the range I don't know which magazine it happened with, I was switching off that time.

I'll contact Springfield...

Just a tip: I number my mags (with a sharpie) so that in the event I have an issue I can make a note which mag was in use. I even use different colors to distinguish range/competition mags from carrry mags. With use it will wear off but it is simple to reapply. Let us know what results you get from Springfield.
    Lish likes this.

I'll be sure to update...

I was talking to my neighbor about it the other day and apparently I have the terminology wrong. It wasn't fail to fires but fail to loads, I don't know how much of a difference that makes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links