Need Help. - Page 2

Need Help.

This is a discussion on Need Help. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concur with LTPhoon, Sigs are pretty darn good IMHO....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help.

Concur with LTPhoon, Sigs are pretty darn good IMHO.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

And...
    You really need to circulate around some of the gun shops and get a 'feel' for the size you want...the price will also be 'located' there!
    If 35 people answer your question...you will have 35 suggestions!

Enjoy your search!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a P2000sk and absolutely love it. Trigger takes some getting used to, I seem to flinch just a bit with it (more than others) but I'm sure I will overcome it with some more practice.

Welcome, pappy!

I second the suggestion that you also hang out and learn at Minnesota's own forum, http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/

While I don't own one, I'd urge you to consider the Beretta PX4 Storm for about $500. I shoot a Beretta 92G-SD and carry a Glock, but knowing Beretta quality and hearing what I have from PX4 owners, I strongly recommend it.

You'll find some Beretta lovers willing to talk about their pistols over at http://www.berettaforum.net/

You can't go wrong with a Glock or an XD either...I carry the Glock 26 (with Tru-Glo TFO sights) and love it.

VIP Member
    I have been carrying for about 9 months now and have done quite a bit of shuffling to find the gun that fits me. I have to agree that the SIG P239 is the best pistol I have found for me to carry. As you can see by the signature I have others, but I carry the P239 9mm. My wife is about 5' 2" and has small hands. Her carry pistol is the P239 .357SIG. As much as we both dislike the idea she has to carry it in her purse. She is quite comfortable with the P239 with Hogue grips.

Still the best advice is to go to a range and rent some pistols and try them out. Otherwise you will end up buying and selling until you find one that fits. The you just start buying. You can save a good bit by finding the right one first and then you can spend the money saved on some more guns.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I to am 5’7” but weigh a little more than you. I am carrying a Glock 23 which is a .40 caliber. It does tend to stick out more than I like and I always feel like I’m printing but I am also a new CCW holder so that is part of it too. I will probably switch to a 1911 9mm type when the funds allow. I carry my Glock at about 1:30 and it’s not too bad. I don’t have a decent holster yet so I’m sure that will make a big difference. Another reason for the 9mm is cost of ammo. I want to shoot more. The .40 can be snappy too so if your are new to shooting that may be discouraging to you.

Good luck in your decision.
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    Welcome, pappy!

I second the suggestion that you also hang out and learn at Minnesota's own forum, http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/

While I don't own one, I'd urge you to consider the Beretta PX4 Storm for about $500. I shoot a Beretta 92G-SD and carry a Glock, but knowing Beretta quality and hearing what I have from PX4 owners, I strongly recommend it.

You'll find some Beretta lovers willing to talk about their pistols over at http://www.berettaforum.net/

You can't go wrong with a Glock or an XD either...I carry the Glock 26 (with Tru-Glo TFO sights) and love it.

Hey, What are you doing living in my town....haha (I'm living in Roch too)

But I might have made a mistake posting this question, Everything looks so good that you guys are telling me to check out, I don't know where to start, but so far just from the looks of it, I'm liking both the Kahr P9 and the Berreta Px4, well plus alot more, but those 2 are the ones I think I'll check out first.

Back to Jimmy C. Wheres the best place to shop in the area. And Where did you go through your class to get a permit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links