looking for opinions

This is a discussion on looking for opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lets talk about the new springfield XDS-s 45. What do you think good gun or not? Do you carry one now or are you planning ...

Thread: looking for opinions

looking for opinions

Lets talk about the new springfield XDS-s 45.
    What do you think good gun or not?

Do you carry one now or are you planning on it I mean it's not heavy it small and big bore.

Let hear any and all of your thoughts and opinions on this weapon.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I personally feel the XD line is clunkier than the Glock line. But if an XDs meets your needs and you're happy with it, so be it. If we all had the same opinions on guns, there'd be one one model.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I personally feel the XD line is clunkier than the Glock line. But if an XDs meets your needs and you're happy with it, so be it. If we all had the same opinions on guns, there'd be one one model.
    Chunky the XDS is the smallest thinest 45 on the market there is not a glock that can even come close when it comes to size. I'm not talking about the regular xd or xdm's.

And if I thought for a minute that every one had the same opinion on a gun I would not have asked for any opinions.
    I guess I don't know what you mean at all from your reply, I think you may have missed what I was asking.
    But if you can find a glock in 45 ACP that is as small as the XDS I'll buy it.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    Chunky the XDS is the smallest thinest 45 on the market there is not a glock that can even come close when it comes to size. I'm not talking about the regular xd or xdm's.

And if I thought for a minute that every one had the same opinion on a gun I would not have asked for any opinions.
    I guess I don't know what you mean at all from your reply, I think you may have missed what I was asking.
    But if you can find a glock in 45 ACP that is as small as the XDS I'll buy it.
    I said clunky, not chunky, and I also said if the XDs met your needs and you liked it, then all is good. What's difficult about that? And the plethora of makes and models and calibers is indicative of the varience in opinions.

I carry a Glock 30, definitely on the chunky side, but then size isn't everything. The G30 suits my needs and I like it. I didn't ask everyone's opinions because I wanted it and only I have to contend with it. I did handle the XD .45 and didn't care for it. But that's me, not everyone else.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am pretty outspoken about not liking the XD line. I don't like grip safeties, I don't understand striker cocked indicators, I like double action strikers for IDPA... So no I'm not a fan. In a CCW 45 I would chose the M&P45c.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Shot it yesterday, love it!!!! Extremely accurate. I want one.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Did I say I love it, I do! And I love my G30. The G30 is a giant in comparison. The xds is amazing for its size. Did I say I want one, I do!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I haven't found one in a LGS to handle yet, nor shoot. I love my XD40sc. I also have a Glock 36, but just can't warm up to it. I like everything about it other than my ability to be accurate with it. My XD was a natural fit for me. Been on the money with it from the first time I shot it. You have now peaked my interest in the XDs.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I haven't found one in a LGS to handle yet, nor shoot. I love my XD40sc. I also have a Glock 36, but just can't warm up to it. I like everything about it other than my ability to be accurate with it. My XD was a natural fit for me. Been on the money with it from the first time I shot it. You have now peaked my interest in the XDs.
    Hey Bug, I love my XD40SC also. Shoots great, easy to carry.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Links