Kimber 1911s not working out for SWAT cops. - Page 5

Kimber 1911s not working out for SWAT cops.

This is a discussion on Kimber 1911s not working out for SWAT cops. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; O.K. since my last post on this subject I have put 300 more rounds through my Kimber. It still performs great and is a lot ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Kimber 1911s not working out for SWAT cops.

O.K. since my last post on this subject I have put 300 more rounds through my Kimber. It still performs great and is a lot of fun to shoot. I do not see any problems with it and I feel I may just have a good one. The only issue I had with it was the little wire take down tool. Someone posted a link to a tool that would work better and I ordered it. It works great and makes cleaning the gun a snap. I can break the gun down and put it back together in a matter of a couple of minutes. That little plastic tool cost 12.95 but it sure is worth it for what it dose.Somebody is going to make a lot of money with that thing.

Can you post the link that that tool? I really don't like that little take down wire. I keep a bunch of them around, but I would welcome a better solution.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    A Kimber breaking those soft MIM parts surprises me about as much as finding out some politician was caught having an extramarital affair.
    CDW4ME likes this.

I do not care what is said about MIM - it was developed to save money and NOT to improve quality. MIM is easy to screw up and this has been proven by almost every maker in the gun industry (not just Kimber).

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    OK, I need some education here. How does the firing pin stop affect where the empties land?
    A well fitted FPS, keeps the extractor from clocking.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

The name of the company that makes the tool is NDZ Performance and thier web site is the same ,just add .com to the name. Sorry it took so long to get back to you but I just now read the thread.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greyeyezz View Post
    I do not care what is said about MIM - it was developed to save money and NOT to improve quality. MIM is easy to screw up and this has been proven by almost every maker in the gun industry (not just Kimber).
    Time to spin up the wayback machine:

1985. Ronnie's second term. Hair bands are taking over in the wake of the Punk demise. The movie Die Hard is just an option on some hollywood producer's desk.

Sumguy logs onto one of three Gun-related BBS at 300 baud and types in the following:

I do not care what is said about PLASTIC - it was developed to save money and NOT to improve quality. PLASTIC is easy to screw up...These Glocks things are just a passing fad.
    gasmitty likes this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Time to spin up the wayback machine:

1985. Ronnie's second term. Hair bands are taking over in the wake of the Punk demise. The movie Die Hard is just an option on some hollywood producer's desk.

Sumguy logs onto one of three Gun-related BBS at 300 baud and types in the following:

I do not care what is said about PLASTIC - it was developed to save money and NOT to improve quality. PLASTIC is easy to screw up...These Glocks things are just a passing fad.
    "Sumguy" didn't know much did he, or he would have known Glock's plastic came 12 years AFTER Heckler & Koch's plastic.
    gasmitty and QKShooter like this.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

The more I read about Kimbers, the more I appreciate my Springfields.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

My thoughts are these:

1. I don't buy guns because a SWAT officer, regular cop, or Navy Seal choose them (we have VERY different needs)
    2. On a 1911 forum I frequent there is a thread about officers who carry Kimbers on active duty, more carry Kimber than any other brands
    3. Having a gun fail in a shooting class is irrelevant to me. Many require 800-1000 rounds without cleaning, I clean mine after every range session and I will NEVER be in a shootout that lasts 800 rounds, much less with only a PISTOL!
    4. MIM vs. Forged parts is an old argument, I know plenty of guys with thousands of rounds through MIM part guns
    5. My Kimber has 800 rounds of perfection through it (NEVER a failure) and is more accurate than any gun I own
    6. Comparing a Kimber to a Dan Wesson or Ed Brown is silly (as some of you have), not only are they custom guns they cost 3-4 times more.
    Fnfalguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    My thoughts are these:

1. I don't buy guns because a SWAT officer, regular cop, or Navy Seal choose them (we have VERY different needs)
    Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    My thoughts are these:

2. On a 1911 forum I frequent there is a thread about officers who carry Kimbers on active duty, more carry Kimber than any other brands
    3. Having a gun fail in a shooting class is irrelevant to me. Many require 800-1000 rounds without cleaning, I clean mine after every range session and I will NEVER be in a shootout that lasts 800 rounds, much less with only a PISTOL!
    4. MIM vs. Forged parts is an old argument, I know plenty of guys with thousands of rounds through MIM part guns
    5. My Kimber has 800 rounds of perfection through it (NEVER a failure) and is more accurate than any gun I own
    6. Comparing a Kimber to a Dan Wesson or Ed Brown is silly (as some of you have), not only are they custom guns they cost 3-4 times more.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    "Sumguy" didn't know much did he, or he would have known Glock's plastic came 12 years AFTER Heckler & Koch's plastic.
    Long live the VP70Z!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Long live the VP70Z!

I love these threads.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links