Would Like Your Opinion - Page 2

Would Like Your Opinion

This is a discussion on Would Like Your Opinion within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What did you practice with before you got your ccl? There are a great many choices. Price of course comes to mind but also what ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Would Like Your Opinion

What did you practice with before you got your ccl? There are a great many choices. Price of course comes to mind but also what feels comfortable in your hand? While I do have a couple of 9mm I have to say I love my taurus 38 special short barrel. Real easy to conceal for most people. The one I have is older.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

NAA minis and airweight snubs are a generally poor choice for a first gun.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

S&w 442, doesn't matter what size you are, can be pocket carried, easy to operate and is a quality gun. If you change your mind about carrying it you will not regret getting it.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Well everyone, I ended up spending about 2 hours at the gun shop/range today. I came in with a lot of questions and was really open to suggestions by the staff and ended up leaving with a Ruger LCP. Well, technically I didn't leave with it due to the 48 hour hold time, but it will be mine in 2 days. I went in their thinking that I was going to get a NAA mini, but I really wanted to see the LCP, LCR, and LC9 in person. After looking at all of them, the LCP just really stood out to me. It felt perfect in my hand, especially for being left handed. After handling the LCP, I realized that I would not be comfortable shooting anything that was smaller in size. That is when I ruled out the NAA mini.

This was in no way an impulse buy. I have always been interested in guns greatly in part to my old man being a LEO for 30 years. After Wisconsin started CC last year, that is when I began saving to get a gun that I wanted for my protection. My plan was to wait until I got my CCW permit before I purchased a gun and I did just that. I get to pick up the gun friday, but I will be doing plenty of practice before I decide to carry it.

Thanks for all of your input!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The LCP will do its job if you do yours. Good luck with your new pistol and be safe!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have a p3AT Kel tec, it is pretty decent 380
    and the Ruger LCR certainly looks good
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I get to pick up the gun friday, but I will be doing plenty of practice before I decide to carry it.

Thanks for all of your input!
    At least 300 to 500 rounds, before you stuff it in your pocket. And practice just like you'll be using it. Don't bother with the 50ft bullseye targets. Get mind to muscle coordination. The rest will follow. Don't worry to much about the sights, point of aim is good. Remember, it's defense, not competition.
    Colt Commander LW. I think shooting twice is just plain silly.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    You made a good choice! A little more gun will be so much easier to shoot well. The little NAAs are not cheap either! Ever the sub compact guns are hard for me to shoot well. I shoot a mid sized gun and am still able to pocket carry in the right pants. DR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links