Opinions wanted:EMP vs Ultra TLE - Page 2

Opinions wanted:EMP vs Ultra TLE

This is a discussion on Opinions wanted:EMP vs Ultra TLE within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never reccomnd Kimbers. I had a .40 EMP and had no problems with it. It is a little difficult to take down in my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions wanted:EMP vs Ultra TLE

mkh
    I never reccomnd Kimbers.

I had a .40 EMP and had no problems with it. It is a little difficult to take down in my opinion.

I suggest that you take a look at the Sig 1911 Ultra Compact. Mine has been flawless and it is beautiful to,look at. It takes down like an XDm or most other guns. And I'm pretty sure you can get it with a laser grip.

If you want more info on the EMP I suggest you check out the Springer sub forum on the 1911 forums.

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Well according to these links and reports, it looks like Crimsontrace listens to their customers and is coming out with a lasergrip for the Springfield EMP !!! God Bless

As some have stated they do not believe in lasers, but being prior Military US Army, I always believed it was better to have tools at your disposal then no tools at all when you need it. Again just my opinion. God Bless

Twitter / CrimsonTrace: Springfield EMP owners, what ...
    Thats great news. I'm in the boat of lasers where I feel like if I hear a noise in my yard near my car port(I'm extra paranoid of this fact. I have a beautiful dodge challenger rt that doesn't fit in my garage because the garage is too small so it stays under a car port under a car cover) I don't need a laser for that situation if I go outside I know there's a potential threat and once I get outside to check it out I will have my gun drawn and out in front of me ready to aquire my target with my sights(both kimber TLE and the SA EMP have night sights too so that's a plus for this situation).

But, if I'm in a situation where I have a gun pointed at me and I still have my gun in my holster then I want a laser. Because I don't have time to aquire the target in my sights. With a laser I can draw and shoot very quickly where my laser is pointed even from the hip if needed and don't have to worry about point shooting and missing And it going through a house and killing someone or a store or a car passing by etc behind the person pointing a gun at me.

And bonus: I think a lot of times if someone is coming at you where you need to draw(trying to break into your house, coming at you with a knife, etc) if they don't retreat from you drawing on them they probably will know you DEFINATELY mean business once you shine that laser on their chest. Bye bye bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    I never reccomnd Kimbers.

I had a .40 EMP and had no problems with it. It is a little difficult to take down in my opinion.

I suggest that you take a look at the Sig 1911 Ultra Compact. Mine has been flawless and it is beautiful to,look at. It takes down like an XDm or most other guns. And I'm pretty sure you can get it with a laser grip.

If you want more info on the EMP I suggest you check out the Springer sub forum on the 1911 forums.
    Now it's getting interesting. Thats a very pretty gun. Researching now.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSRGuy View Post
    Now it's getting interesting. Thats a very pretty gun. Researching now.
    Agreed. Plus it is in .45 and can be had for about the cost of an EMP - 1911 Ultra Two-Tone

You really have to handle the Sig Ultra to appreciate it. The fit, finish and tolerances on the gun are as good say any I have seen. The only downside is that the holster selection isn't as great yet as other guns but that applies to the EMP also.

Ping me if you have any questions that I can help with.

I don't use a laser, and wont' ever use one. My reason is twofhold.... any time I've had to shoot .... there was no time to be worrying about a laser... it was point and shoot and survive. Secondly, at night.... I don't want it telling them where I am.

Have an EMP with night sights, works perfect, shoots great and zero complaints . .... would highly recommend it. In my comparisons to the kimbers and what I've heard from too many people on them, the EMP kept winning out.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSRGuy View Post
    Any issues whatsoever with it? Other than not feeling comfortable carrying with the manuel safety's
    None!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links