sig pro 2022 in 9mm?

This is a discussion on sig pro 2022 in 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I think I finally found my next gun. I was considering the cz po7 but couldnt find one for the price I was looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: sig pro 2022 in 9mm?

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar

sig pro 2022 in 9mm?

Well, I think I finally found my next gun. I was considering the cz po7 but couldnt find one for the price I was looking for. Love the Sig 2022 except for the trigger. Feels like your squeezing a taurus. If anyone knows of a way to stiffen the trigger Id love to find out, but leave your opinion if you own one.

2. Remove Ads

I have an SP2022 and love it. I never felt the need to "stiffen" the trigger... thought it was pretty darn good right out of the box and got better and better as I kept putting rounds through it and dry firing it.
    mano3 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

My EDC is the sp2022, and I love the thing. Never had a problem with the trigger, feels completely smooth and natural for both DA and SA shots. Quite an awesome firearm and you wont find anything better at that price point.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenDrunk View Post
    My EDC is the sp2022, and I love the thing. Never had a problem with the trigger, feels completely smooth and natural for both DA and SA shots. Quite an awesome firearm and you wont find anything better at that price point.
    What he said. Mine is a .40 and the trigger is great. I sometimes carry it but my EDC is my Sig P220 which is also DA/SA and I think the trigger on the 2022 compares well with the 220.

Quote Originally Posted by xsigma40cal View Post
    ...If anyone knows of a way to stiffen the trigger...
    Are you seeking advice on how to increase the trigger-pull weight?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I think that one of the very favorable attributes of the 2022 is the trigger. Those people who own one, myself included, I think were initially attracted by the Sig qualities at a reasonable price. Those qualities include a great trigger.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    I suppose I should clarify, My chief complaint(not that big a deal) is the rather large take-up and shallow reset. I know CDNN has kits for them but not sure if it will make a difference. I suppose I should nut-up and just buy it. Its not a terrible trigger, I guess Im just spoiled by my XD trigger.

Had one in 357 sig but didn't like the trigger either, found one in 9mm now that's a different gun! Smooth light trigger pull, like this one better
    A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hand.
    SENECA the younger
    Roman stoic philosopher
    4 B.C. - 65 A.D.

Next pistol on my wish list
    Smith & Wesson SW99 .40cal Two-Tone

CJM
    It's my daily carry gun.

I have a SP2022 in 9mm and love it. Trigger in DA was somewhat stiff at first but after a few hundred rounds it smoothed out so that I don't mind the DA pull. I really like the short SA reset.....you would really want a longer reset further "out"? This is just a remarkably smooth and very high quality handgun for the price.

I have the .40 and love it. No complaints from me or my son (12) while shooting it.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

To the guys who are using this as EDC, what type of holster are you using. I'd love to use mine for CCW but can't seem to find a decent holster. Any info is appreciated

I use a Theis IWB hybrid. No one can even tell I'm carrying, and after the leather starts to contour to your body it's quite comfortable. I don't even notice it much anymore. I got mine made in about a week and it fit perfectly out of the box. They are $55 and combat cut standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yj2007 View Post
    To the guys who are using this as EDC, what type of holster are you using. I'd love to use mine for CCW but can't seem to find a decent holster. Any info is appreciated
    I use an Old Faithful that I assembled from a kit. The leather was stiff as a board at first, but after an appropriate amount of sweat and a little moleskin it became very comfortable.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links