Got a new defensive firearm today!!

This is a discussion on Got a new defensive firearm today!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well Done on your new XD!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Got a new defensive firearm today!!

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Well Done on your new XD!
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

2. Remove Ads

The XD SC is a nice peice. My first gun when I turned 21 was a XD9 SC and it was awsome.
    Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
    The Knife Exchange - Buy, Sell, and Trade Knives
    Facebook - Instagram

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congratulations, I also have an XD 40 sub-compact.

VIP Member
    good for you!

congrats

considering one of these or the M&P shield so looking forward to hearing your reports

Well ladies and Gentleman I got to shoot today after I got off work. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed shooting my new XD SC. very smooth and consistent trigger pull, however coming from Glock it took a bit of getting used to but once I had the trigger pull down it was smooth sailing from there. Now I am confident I have the trigger pull down as well as the hold and I'm dialed in on my last target I put both magazines worth of ammo so approximately 22 rds in a grouping the size of the bottom of a small bubba keg(if your familiar with those if not its approximately a 3" diameter circle.

I ran 200 rds of WWB through it with not a single FTF or FTE or failure of any kind. she ate through the ammo like it was nothing. As I said it took some getting used to the trigger especially seeing as for the first few mags I was just trying to get a feel for the gun with a back to back comparison to my Glock. Once I got the trigger pull down It was lights out beautifully accurate gun. Very very manageable recoil. also I was shooting outside in changing light conditions the sight picture maintained gorgeously with a seamless transition between daylight and needing to use the night sights.(honestly I didn't realize it was dark until after I had shot two mags worth of ammo).

I began the back to back comparison out at about 40 yds as I said just to get a feel for the gun and see how it compared to my Glocks. After about 4 mags through the XD I actually shot three clay pigeons just to give myself a chance to digest the differences and kind of reset for a new handgun. After the skeet I went to town on the targets starting at about 30 yds for two mags, then down to 20 yds, and the last 10 mags or so were shot from about 12 yds putting 22 rds within a three inch area. which for it being my first time shooting this particular gun I was fairly pleased with.

Overall the firearm felt fantastic in my hand and fired flawlessly. I will also be going to the range again tomorrow and hopefully putting approx. 100 more rds through for some additional practice this weekend. I don't think it would take anytime at all for me to feel absolutely 100% confident carrying this gun every day, it is very reliable so far, eats anything she is given and is very accurate..especially for a subcompact. all in all I would recommend this gun to anyone.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the XD but I don't think it will be replacing your Glock very soon.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I'm definitely more accurate with the XD

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrats
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I've had mine for several years. My primary carry gun and HD pistol. I lucked up and scored 4 mags for mine at a local pawn shop for $5 each. Then I ordered 4 Pearce pinky extension floor plates and I LOVE it. This is one of those firearms that I was able to shoot the eyes out from the first time I picked it up. Short range, long range, quick follow-ups. For me it is like an extension of my finger. Very intuitive. I hope you find it to be the same for you.
    Attached Images
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

You know you can get yourself kicked out of Glockville for think such thing... and then you posted it....OMG!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    FLArmadillo likes this.
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Divide post count by days since joining and learn something about the poster

I'm sorry to those citizens of Glockville however I went back to the range today and......still more accurate and almost trumps my Glocks...I truly do love this gun and I shoot lights out with it!

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Congrats! Looks like ya got nice piece.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links