Defensive Carry banner

Got a new defensive firearm today!!

3K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  Adrjunkie 
#1 ·
Well ladies and gentleman I did it. I have been looking for awhile specifically for something that I like equally if not more than my Glocks. and I am confident I found the answer. Today I bought a Springfield Armory XD40 subcompact. and I LOVE IT!! well so far Ill post pictures later and will be visiting the range tomorrow or saturday and will give you a range report etc... just wanted to share my exciting news!

#2 ·
Thanks for sharing. It is an exciting day for you. Just want to know if it's actually gonna beat your Glocks. Guess time will tell right? Anyway............................................................................................................................................

On a new one!

Reactions: Eagleks
#14 ·
Love my XDsc..... here is a couple of pics, also love the UBG holster with it.....think this is the only pics of it with holster.....very nice shooting gun, and also has the night sights, congrats, you will like it..... keep your Glock, n that way you do not have to change the avatar :) Gun Airsoft gun Handgun holster

#22 ·
Well ladies and Gentleman I got to shoot today after I got off work. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed shooting my new XD SC. very smooth and consistent trigger pull, however coming from Glock it took a bit of getting used to but once I had the trigger pull down it was smooth sailing from there. Now I am confident I have the trigger pull down as well as the hold and I'm dialed in on my last target I put both magazines worth of ammo so approximately 22 rds in a grouping the size of the bottom of a small bubba keg(if your familiar with those if not its approximately a 3" diameter circle.

I ran 200 rds of WWB through it with not a single FTF or FTE or failure of any kind. she ate through the ammo like it was nothing. As I said it took some getting used to the trigger especially seeing as for the first few mags I was just trying to get a feel for the gun with a back to back comparison to my Glock. Once I got the trigger pull down It was lights out beautifully accurate gun. Very very manageable recoil. also I was shooting outside in changing light conditions the sight picture maintained gorgeously with a seamless transition between daylight and needing to use the night sights.(honestly I didn't realize it was dark until after I had shot two mags worth of ammo).

I began the back to back comparison out at about 40 yds as I said just to get a feel for the gun and see how it compared to my Glocks. After about 4 mags through the XD I actually shot three clay pigeons just to give myself a chance to digest the differences and kind of reset for a new handgun. After the skeet I went to town on the targets starting at about 30 yds for two mags, then down to 20 yds, and the last 10 mags or so were shot from about 12 yds putting 22 rds within a three inch area. which for it being my first time shooting this particular gun I was fairly pleased with.

Overall the firearm felt fantastic in my hand and fired flawlessly. I will also be going to the range again tomorrow and hopefully putting approx. 100 more rds through for some additional practice this weekend. I don't think it would take anytime at all for me to feel absolutely 100% confident carrying this gun every day, it is very reliable so far, eats anything she is given and is very accurate..especially for a subcompact. all in all I would recommend this gun to anyone.

#27 ·
I've had mine for several years. My primary carry gun and HD pistol. I lucked up and scored 4 mags for mine at a local pawn shop for $5 each. Then I ordered 4 Pearce pinky extension floor plates and I LOVE it. This is one of those firearms that I was able to shoot the eyes out from the first time I picked it up. Short range, long range, quick follow-ups. For me it is like an extension of my finger. Very intuitive. I hope you find it to be the same for you.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.