Ok, who actually carries a SP101?

This is a discussion on Ok, who actually carries a SP101? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; dupe post...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Ok, who actually carries a SP101?

dupe post
    Last edited by Hulley; September 15th, 2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: opps
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Attachment 62748Attachment 62747
    click image to enlarge....

OS
    That really is a great looking SP101, That is actually the wallpaper for my laptop! I hope that is ok. BTW, its the pic on the right.
    Old School likes this.

2 1/4 Sp 101 mostly in a Simply Rugged silver dollar pancake holster right around 2:30 position. Rides high and nice and tight to the body (5'11" 200 lbs.). Most of my shirts are "athletic" fit and you will not know I'm carrying unless I let you know. For inside the waist I like the Remora holster as I can put it anyplace around the belt line I want to and it conceals just as well but with a lower ride. Can't go wrong with either one in my opinion. Simply Rugged is quoting 2 to 3 weeks to get you your holster, I ordered on a Saturday night 08/25 and received it on 09/4. That's 10 days counting two Sundays one Saturday and the labor day Monday. Granted I did order the basic model, tan, no frills but still, I doubt you can get a mass produced holster in so short a time let alone a hand made custom holster.
    DanielC and RichB70 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsong View Post
    Good belt and good holster pretty much negate any weight concerns. I haven't found a speedloader that will work with .357 mags on a SP-101 (cartridge is too long, hits against the cylinder release) -- although speed strips or .38 specials work fine. I use a Crossbreed Supertuck.
    My 5-Star LCR-05R, HKS-36 and Safariland JC7 all work just fine on my SP101. None of them hit/bind on the cylinder release for me. The Safariland is the best at getting past my grips (upon release of the cartridges) though.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgc1 View Post
    Try 5starfirearms.com for speed loaders that work. Have a few for my LCR and they are very nice.

rgc
    Tried 'em -- they don't work on a SP-101.

A little late to the discussion but I carry an SP101 in a Sideguard Slide OWB. Well made holster that holds the revolver securely. Definitely use a good gun belt. Also, I did switch the Hogue grips for the Pachmayr like oldschool is using. It doesn't snag a clothing as easily and allows me to easily conceal wearing just shorts and a t-shirt.

I carry my 3" in an Acecase holster. The Acecase is a cheap holster " a little over $20.00 delivered" . I like it and carry IWB about 2:30 with a good belt and its very concealed.

Rich
    DanielC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB70 View Post
    I carry my 3" in an Acecase holster. The Acecase is a cheap holster " a little over $20.00 delivered" . I like it and carry IWB about 2:30 with a good belt and its very concealed.

Rich
    I wasn't familiar with these holsters until now. For the price, I might consider picking one up and giving it a try!

In-The-Pants Holster - Leather - Ace Case

RichB70 is correct, for the money it's not a bad little holster. For a quick trip to the corner store it works fine for me as a cross draw. Price is great got 2 holsters for 20 bucks and that included shipping, I drink 20 bucks in cokes per week so was hard not to try them out. On another note, speedloaders from safariland, comp 1 model, and hks model 36 work with sp101 but I am using the factory grips (chig grip inserts highly recommend) and that's with both 38's and 357 rounds. Had hogue monogrip but the speedloaders didn't clear it and I shot everything to the left with that grip, loved the feel hated the results.

I appreciate all the feedback everyone. I AM picking up my SP101 tomorrow after work and I'll post picks when I get home. Needless to say I'm very excited!

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I actually carry an SP101; much of the time two of them. I prefer OWB belt rigs, too. I started with Galco Concealables, and moved to Milt Sparks PMK holsters. I have kept the concealables, however, as some pants have belt loop locations that disagree with the PMK. Both of these rigs have a bit of cant, for wear behind the point of the hip. If wearing a closed-front garment, I prefer to wear the weapon just a bit more forward, and for a straight vertical draw, I have a C. Rusty Sherrick holster, that rides extra-high. For wear at the appendix position, I favor a Kramer Vertical Scabbard that has a slight rearward
    cant.

Weight? Not a problem! I have carried far heavier guns in the past, so an S&W K-frame or Ruger SP101 are lightweight joys to carry.

I picked up my SP101 today! Here are some pics. Remember, this is used and I havent cleaned it yet. It looks like its never been fired.

FlaRon and Recon1342 like this.

I Carry a 2 1/4" with Badger boot grips in a Crossbreed Supertuck on a Crossbreed belt. Carry it all day in comfort.

Good god man get some wood inserts in that grip asap!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Good god man get some wood inserts in that grip asap!!!!!!!
    I'm on it! Wood grips and a new front site, probably an XS sight.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links