Ok, who actually carries a SP101? - Page 6

Ok, who actually carries a SP101?

This is a discussion on Ok, who actually carries a SP101? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by woodsong Tried 'em -- they don't work on a SP-101. This post was brought to our attention recently. We strive to have ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Ok, who actually carries a SP101?

5 Star Firearms SP101 Loader

Quote Originally Posted by woodsong View Post
    Tried 'em -- they don't work on a SP-101.
    This post was brought to our attention recently. We strive to have every customer be satisfied with their purchase. Woodsong, we don't know if you purchased a defective loader, but this model, .38 SPL./.357 J-Frame Accessories, was designed to work specifically for the SP101. If there are after-market grips, the loader may not ALWAYS have enough clearance. Please get back with us, admin@5starfirearms.com, and let us know when you purchased and what model loader you received. Though it doesn't happen often, you could also have received the wrong loader as two of our loaders are almost identical. Thanks and we hope this clears things up.

5 Star Firearms

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Welcome rvlvr_man. Please post an intro in the New members section and tell us about yourself. I'd like to hear how you decided to get into the speed loader business.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Finally! Mine arrived at the FFL yesterday and I picked it up! Now to get some ammunition and get it out to the range!

DandLfam, Hulley, zacii and 1 others like this.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Beauty! I really want to add a 3" model. I carried mine all day yesterday and I'm about to pack it now on my way to breakfast.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Quote Originally Posted by Hulley View Post
    Beauty! I really want to add a 3" model. I carried mine all day yesterday and I'm about to pack it now on my way to breakfast.
    I've heard some comment on how heavy the revolver is, but having carried either full sized or "mid sized" semis, this particular wheelie doesn't feel bad at all. I've got some 5Star speed loaders coming that I can't wait to work with and I've got a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar pancake holster ordered. All in all, I'm really sorry I've waited this long to get into the revolver carry club!

Compared to my Sigs, this thing is really light!
    Hulley and 45ACP4ever like this.
    Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.

I mostly carry an LCR. Nice thing is, I can carry either the LCR or the 2" SP101 in the same holster. The Don Hume J.I.T. slide. My favorite holster for the LCR or the Kahr PM9.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by JayHawker45 View Post
    I've heard some comment on how heavy the revolver is, but having carried either full sized or "mid sized" semis, this particular wheelie doesn't feel bad at all. I've got some 5Star speed loaders coming that I can't wait to work with and I've got a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar pancake holster ordered. All in all, I'm really sorry I've waited this long to get into the revolver carry club!

Compared to my Sigs, this thing is really light!
    Kinda funny you say that, at the moment I only own Sigs and revolvers!
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

I use 2 holsters

Depending on whether IWB or OWB. I use the simply rugged pancake for OWB and this for IWB (Garrett industries solo). I highly recommend the solo. It is one awesome holster. It has a cloth backing with padding next to your skin for comfortIMG_0618__34958_1348063040_220_220.jpg
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Cool

Hope your enjoying your SP-101

The Side Guard Quick Clip works very well for AIWB for me when I carry my SP.

photo.jpgphoto.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rvlvr_man View Post
    This post was brought to our attention recently. We strive to have every customer be satisfied with their purchase. Woodsong, we don't know if you purchased a defective loader, but this model, .38 SPL./.357 J-Frame Accessories, was designed to work specifically for the SP101. If there are after-market grips, the loader may not ALWAYS have enough clearance. Please get back with us, admin@5starfirearms.com, and let us know when you purchased and what model loader you received. Though it doesn't happen often, you could also have received the wrong loader as two of our loaders are almost identical. Thanks and we hope this clears things up.

5 Star Firearms
    Got my order from 5 Star Firearms today! Fantastic product! Working with dummy rounds getting used to using the speed loaders-I am really liking the counter clockwise release! That really does help facilitate a quicker reload.
    rvlvr_man likes this.

image.jpg carry this or mod 60
    Fast Cloud likes this.

That holster is incredible E8. (not to mention the ruger) Very nice stuff...I'm also lovin' those inlays on some of the older posts. Thanks for pulling this thread up.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Ah yeah you're right, I always screw up the Ruger models.

The 686+ is a good choice but it must be annoying if you're speed loading! You still get 6 shots, but not the 7th

The 4'' barrel was perfect when I shot the 686. Any more might be overkill, and any less might kick the recoil up too much. As it was the thing barely moved in my hands for .38spl and only some for .357.
    I have several 7 shot HKS speedloaders for my 686+.

I don't carry it all that often, but I have an SP101 in 327 Federal that rides in a Garrett Silent Thunder holster on occasion. Very comfortable to carry and with two speed strips worth of extra ammo, I don't feel the least bit under gunned.

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar
    Carry my SP101 DAO in a Remora for now.....but have a TT Gunleather IWB on order....
    Wonder if the OP will see this and update us?

The holster in the photo is just a prop (Galco for a S&W 66 snub!)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Links