Advice wanted about a Kahr k9. You ladies and gentlemen might be able to help.

This is a discussion on Advice wanted about a Kahr k9. You ladies and gentlemen might be able to help. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Someone mentioned this gun. So, I went to the net and looked it up. Looks like a nice gun and the grip looks nice and ...

Thread: Advice wanted about a Kahr k9. You ladies and gentlemen might be able to help.

Advice wanted about a Kahr k9. You ladies and gentlemen might be able to help.

Someone mentioned this gun. So, I went to the net and looked it up. Looks like a nice gun and the grip looks nice and long on it. Can someone please tell me about the gun. I haven't found one yet but I haven't looked to hard yet. Since the reviews I found online weren't all that great when you used a +p I thought about the mk9 too.

Thank you
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

2. Remove Ads

Extremely good ergonomics, at least for my hands. All-steel. The model that made the Kahr brand. Heavier, by today's "plastic" standards. Can have edges that are a bit sharper than some are used to. Easily concealed and carried on a belt slide holster, IWB or OWB. Aftermarket grip options. Known and supported by many gunsmiths, some of whom offer "carry" treatments (tuning, carry "melts").

If you've not yet held one, caution: you might not want to let go of it. It's one of those guns that'll grab you hard, if you find your hands are just the right size for it.

Lastly, there's a strong resale market for the K9's so that, even if you find you don't prefer it after purchase, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a good home for it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    That's a very early Kahr K9 with some aftermarket or possibly homemade grips. It may have a carbon steel slide instead of the stainless slides used today. It would sell for about $350, give or take. They are solid, all steel, reliable and accurate, striker fired with a DAO trigger.

Thanks. I have a .38 special snub that was given to me. The first one I got for myself ( well kind of hubby pays lol ) was the taurus 709. I thought I would like this and while I do the recoil is more than I wanted. The second one I got was the ruger sr9c. I like the ruger better and at this time it is my carry. It is a bit heavier, a bit bigger and with the extended mag the grip is much nicer as I can wrap both of my small hands around it. I like the trigger on them. I was reading the sr9c with the extended mag is the same size as the sr9.

BUT the ruger is a bit harder for me to conceal. I am looking for something maybe in between. I understand a bit bigger a bit heavier the less recoil. I wonder how this kahr would work out?
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    That's a very early Kahr K9 with some aftermarket or possibly homemade grips. It may have a carbon steel slide instead of the stainless slides used today. It would sell for about $350, give or take. They are solid, all steel, reliable and accurate, striker fired with a DAO trigger.
    I was trying to edit the post and got rid of the pic. Sorry about that. I liked the look of that one lol.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    The first one I got for myself ( well kind of hubby pays lol ) was the taurus 709. I thought I would like this and while I do the recoil is more than I wanted.
    The Kahr K9 is all-steel and ~25oz, and it handles recoil wonderfully well. Very easy to shoot, IMO.

And, like all of the Kahrs, it's fairly flat and easily concealed, despite the K9 being basically their full-sized variant (versus the compact MK, PM or CM series).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links