Purchase of Glock 32

This is a discussion on Purchase of Glock 32 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have an opportunity to purchase a like new Glock 32, 357 Sig for an extremely good price. I am a big Glock fan and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By multistage

Thread: Purchase of Glock 32

Purchase of Glock 32

I have an opportunity to purchase a like new Glock 32, 357 Sig for an extremely good price. I am a big Glock fan and already have Glock 19, 26, 23, and 36. Obviously I do not need this Glock, I would just like to have another to make it an even five. The concern I have though, is what seems to be the higher cost for ammo. So, getting to the point, I would like to hear from other members about their experiences and thoughts regarding this weapon.

Mr. Mac
    Last edited by ArmyCWO; September 14th, 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Remove Ads

I have never held or fired a .357 sig in any pistol. I'm guessing the ammo is more expensive than 9x19 so that is a drawback. If you think it is a great price and you can re-sell it you may be able make a little or trade it up for a GLOCK 30 or maybe a 22, both of which you probably have ammo for. It's a challenge enough to feed multiple calibers of pistols without adding another mouth.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCWO View Post
    I have an opportunity to purchase a like new Glock 32, 357 Sig for an extremely good price. I am a big Glock fan and already have Glock 19, 26, 23, and 36. Obviously I do not need this Glock, I would just like to have another to make it an even five. The concern I have though, is what seems to be the higher cost for ammo. So, getting to the point, I would like to hear from other members about their experiences and thoughts regarding this weapon.

Mr. Mac
    Guessing from your name you are in the Army. You can get a brand new Glock through their LE program starting at $398 with 3 mags.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't own a .357 Sig caliber but in shooting my son's I noticed very little difference in recoil compared to his 9ms and his .40s, maybe a bit more noisy. The ammo is a bit pricier, but the real issue I see is the lack of ammo selection. There doesn't seem to be a lot to choose from, bulletwise. "Supposedly" it was designed to duplicate the .357 Mag 125 grain load.

"I would just like to have another to make it an even five." That would be an odd five. You'll need to pick up a sixth!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Unless it is a REAL good deal you can get a barrel for your 23 and accomplish the same thing for about $100. It is a direct drop in, same mags and everything. The 357 Sig is an awesome SD round.

I have a G32, and while I don't shoot it as much as my G19, I got mine used for a price too good to pass up. Liked shooting it so much added the 31 and 33 as well.

Do you need a G32? No, but its a gun that brings a kind of comfort on a dark and stormy night like no other.

...and it really annoys other shooters at an indoor range. For years, I was the one that was annoyed by someone shooting a .357SIG (they are loud). And now....I am the ANNOYEE.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Yes, you can clear out the indoor range very fast, even if you don't want to.

Ammo prices are coming down a bit.

I think the big factor in cost the caliber is the low demand and low production
    as opposed to say 9mm or .40 S&W.

More people shoot 10mm than .357 SIG.

Most .357 SIG guys reload.. but I don't reload anymore.

I think once you shoot a .357 SIG, you really don't want to go back to
    shooting a 9mm and esp. any .40s.

The 10mm is cool as well , but seems to have too much recoil for me in Glocks.

Double Tap has 23 powerful .357 SIG loads.
    DoubleTap Ammunition
    Then there are Cor-Bon and Speer, Remington, ect.

Amy plan is to buy a Gen 4 Glock 33 and a Gen 4 G32 as well.

Enjoy that new Glock 357!

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

the cover story on the very latest American Handgunner - November/December 2012, features the Glock 32, Gen 4 in an article by Mas Ayoob.

my sad story: i once owned two NIB Glock 32, Gen 2's that i had to sell when finances got tight. i'm told only about 1,000 of them were ever made.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Buy it. Like joker said you could always re sell it

If you want it, buy it! Can't think of a better reason!

I love my 32. Very accurate. Don't care about ammo cost, as it's worth it to me. I shoot my 19 more, but I carry my 32 more.
    .XX likes this.

I have a Sig P229 .357sig I love the round. The Glock 32 is a great choice, you will love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Wanted be sure to thank everyone for all the comments.
    They have been constructive and helpful.
    Looking like I am going to go ahead and buy it.

Mr. Mac
    U.S. Army Retired

Well, it is now laying here on my desk.

Mr. Mac

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I came across this thead because I am considering a G32, but I just wanted to say, "an even five?" Let me reiterate, "an even five?"

Just kidding you.

Jim

Links