I'm coming down with some kind of Sig-ness, I think - Page 2

I'm coming down with some kind of Sig-ness, I think

This is a discussion on I'm coming down with some kind of Sig-ness, I think within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds like a good deal... Don't worry about the night sights...even if they are "bad" (which is unlikely), they can be switched out for something ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I'm coming down with some kind of Sig-ness, I think

Senior Member Array wheelyfun101's Avatar
    Sounds like a good deal...
    Don't worry about the night sights...even if they are "bad" (which is unlikely), they can be switched out for something even better!
    On Sig pistols, or at least the "P" series, you should field strip it to inspect the frame rails for excessive wear.
    Many people do not apply enough lube to Sig frames (which are hard anodized aluminum) which can result in excessive wear.
    What is excessive? I don't know, you have to judge for yourself. I think that the frame rails wear down to a certain point, and then the wear stops.

I use Eno's Slide Glide grease on my frame rails, and while not obsessed with greasing, I do want my firearm to last for as long as possible.
    Just to infect you further with Signess...here is a photo of my new 220 Compact SAS:

Just keep telling yourself: "I can quit any time I want to! Sure I can! Just one more and then I'll quit!"

Regards,
    Jim
    Poseidon likes this.

I still remember a friends P225 that I used to shoot, quite possibly the perfect gun for my hand. Wish I had that today, would even give my 19 for its single stack perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelyfun101 View Post
    Sounds like a good deal...
    Don't worry about the night sights...even if they are "bad" (which is unlikely), they can be switched out for something even better!
    On Sig pistols, or at least the "P" series, you should field strip it to inspect the frame rails for excessive wear.
    Many people do not apply enough lube to Sig frames (which are hard anodized aluminum) which can result in excessive wear.
    What is excessive? I don't know, you have to judge for yourself. I think that the frame rails wear down to a certain point, and then the wear stops.

I use Eno's Slide Glide grease on my frame rails, and while not obsessed with greasing, I do want my firearm to last for as long as possible.
    Just to infect you further with Signess...here is a photo of my new 220 Compact SAS:
    Damn I like that gun! I've wanted a P220 SAS for a little while now. I'm currently collecting .45acp brass so that when I do I'm ready to load. .45acp is expensive if you dont reload. I did the math just the other day and I can reload a 200gr FMJ for about $11 per 100.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

I'm debating whether I should trade my PT1911 toward it.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links