Defensive Carry banner

New 1911: Kimber Super Carry Custom HD

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  SmokinFool 
#1 ·
After looking at over 30 different 1911s today, I picked up the Kimber Super Carry Custom HD...and it was love at first grip. Yes it was too expensive, but the GS gave me a "frequent buyer discount" and it was a done deal.

Put 200 rounds through it, straight out of the box. Used 50 each of: Federal, Magtech, Winchester, & Independence. One FTF with the Independence (bad round). Otherwise it was flawless. Best production 1911 I've ever fired. When I got home & let my wife check it out, she fell in love with it...even after I told her how much it cost.

The only down-side is that it only comes with 1 magazine & the case is a generic interior with a Kimber logo on the outside.

Sorry. Cell phone pic. Will put up a better pic later.
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Gun accessory

See less See more
#7 ·
Congrats! Enjoy it. I'm still breaking in my Custom II. 300 flawless rounds of FMJ so far. 200 more, then I move on to the HP's.

#10 ·
I just read the Mass. gun laws on the state web site. If I understood correctly the "high cap" means more than 10 rds. Most .45 1911s won't hold 10 rds will they?

#11 ·
Congrats on the new gun...looks like a dandy, as all Kimbers are..... cant believe you told the wife how much it cost, lol .... all my guns cost $150 .... my wife just rolls her eyes... hope you enjoy it....

#12 ·
Actually, she likes it when I buy a new gun. She takes an equal amount to spend on or for herself. When I bought a P226, she shot it & then went on a shopping spee...and bought a P226 E2. I married the perfect woman!...sandwiches & firearms!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.