New 1911: Kimber Super Carry Custom HD

This is a discussion on New 1911: Kimber Super Carry Custom HD within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After looking at over 30 different 1911s today, I picked up the Kimber Super Carry Custom HD...and it was love at first grip. Yes it ...

Thread: New 1911: Kimber Super Carry Custom HD

New 1911: Kimber Super Carry Custom HD

After looking at over 30 different 1911s today, I picked up the Kimber Super Carry Custom HD...and it was love at first grip. Yes it was too expensive, but the GS gave me a "frequent buyer discount" and it was a done deal.

Put 200 rounds through it, straight out of the box. Used 50 each of: Federal, Magtech, Winchester, & Independence. One FTF with the Independence (bad round). Otherwise it was flawless. Best production 1911 I've ever fired. When I got home & let my wife check it out, she fell in love with it...even after I told her how much it cost.

The only down-side is that it only comes with 1 magazine & the case is a generic interior with a Kimber logo on the outside.

Sorry. Cell phone pic. Will put up a better pic later.
    Kimber-HD.jpg
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they canít get it wrong..

2. Remove Ads

great gun! great that you're happy with it. greatest of all that your wife loves it, too.

awaiting good pics.

And we have another satisfied Kimber customer. Nice purchase. I have a feeling you will like it more and more as you shoot it more.

VIP Member
    Congrats on your new gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Awesome. I had my heart set on a Kimber, they are illegal in my state.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCDan View Post
    Awesome. I had my heart set on a Kimber, they are illegal in my state.
    I knew that Mass. had a "high capacity" ban, but it's a shame it includes a 1911.
    Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they canít get it wrong..

Congrats! Enjoy it. I'm still breaking in my Custom II. 300 flawless rounds of FMJ so far. 200 more, then I move on to the HP's.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    I knew that Mass. had a "high capacity" ban, but it's a shame it includes a 1911.
    It's not that 1911's are banned. MA like several other states have "approved" guns. The maker must submit their gun for approval by the state. It appears Kimber does not submit to MA. I'd be out of luck there as well, I own CZ's and a Dan Wesson 1911. Nothing from them have been approved by MA. If he want's a 1911, there are makers approved for sale there, just not Kimber, Colt, SA or DW, to name a few.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    It's not that 1911's are banned. MA like several other states have "approved" guns. The maker must submit their gun for approval by the state. It appears Kimber does not submit to MA. I'd be out of luck there as well, I own CZ's and a Dan Wesson 1911. Nothing from them have been approved by MA. If he want's a 1911, there are makers approved for sale there, just not Kimber, Colt, SA or DW, to name a few.
    Let me guess...A company has to pay a fee to submit their guns for the approval process. That's not communism, that's governmental capitalism.

Distinguished Member
    I just read the Mass. gun laws on the state web site. If I understood correctly the "high cap" means more than 10 rds. Most .45 1911s won't hold 10 rds will they?

Congrats on the new gun...looks like a dandy, as all Kimbers are..... cant believe you told the wife how much it cost, lol .... all my guns cost $150 .... my wife just rolls her eyes... hope you enjoy it....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Quote Originally Posted by JerryMac View Post
    Congrats on the new gun...looks like a dandy, as all Kimbers are..... cant believe you told the wife how much it cost, lol .... all my guns cost $150 .... my wife just rolls her eyes... hope you enjoy it....
    Actually, she likes it when I buy a new gun. She takes an equal amount to spend on or for herself. When I bought a P226, she shot it & then went on a shopping spee...and bought a P226 E2. I married the perfect woman!...sandwiches & firearms!

Followup: Just ordered a D.M. Bullard "Bodyguard" for this pistol. Will post a pic when it comes in.

Bodyguard Holster - D.M. Bullard Leather Mfg.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    Followup: Just ordered a D.M. Bullard "Bodyguard" for this pistol. Will post a pic when it comes in.

Bodyguard Holster - D.M. Bullard Leather Mfg.
    I took a leisurely browse through their website. Nice holsters!

Links