Any of you guys carry a KelTec P11?

This is a discussion on Any of you guys carry a KelTec P11? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now a days my main carry gun is a Glock 26 and I love it. I just traded for another G26 so I would have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Any of you guys carry a KelTec P11?

Any of you guys carry a KelTec P11?

Now a days my main carry gun is a Glock 26 and I love it. I just traded for another G26 so I would have an other one just in case.
    But I also have a KelTec P11 that I like to carry. The trigger is not as good on the P11 as the G26 but it is just as reliable and very accurate.
    I was just wondering if any of you guys carry a P11 on the daily basis.
    I have heard alot of bad things about the P11 on the internet, but I have never had a problem with any of my KelTecs.
    The P11 is very light and thin and still has a 10 or 12 shot mag. The only thing that is not so great on it is the heavy trigger(6.5 pounds) and they are even uglier than Glocks.
    So who carries an ugly P11?
    Attached Images
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

2. Remove Ads

Got one, won't carry it - I've got one of dem stories.

Used to never had any issues with my P11 or P40.

VIP Member
    Got one & it goes to work everyday and sits in an enclosed fenced yard in the D.
    I have a Desantis Nemesis for it as well as the KT clip which is affixed to the RS of the frame.
    Bought in 2009 for $289 and an xtra mag $26, and a pinkie xtension for one mag.
    It has around 600 rounds out of it with ZERO issues, has about a 10.5 lb. trigger(my M&P compacts have 6.5 lb triggers and are far lighter than the KT).
    It serves a purpose of an innexpensive pistol, with very reasonable capacity, which can be left in the car in the getto, in a reasonably safe, fenced,limited access facility and if the vehicle winds up gone, I'm out little in the form of the firearm.
    I trust it will go bang with whatever ammo might be in it, and to inflict a lot of damage.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

My brother had one he bought used, and quickly found out why the previous owner got rid of it. Thing was a piece of junk. I never shot it, but trust him. He sold it ASAP and got a ruger LC9.
    Ruger SR9c
    Ruger LCP
    Ruger SR22

I had one. Was my main carry for a while. Sold it recently and replaced it with a SR9c which is barely any bigger but has a much better trigger and sights and is easier to shoot tight groups with. Great gun for what it is if you can deal with that heavy long trigger. Think you might want to check that trigger again OP. Mine was a lot closer to 9 lbs than 6.5.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Nope and never will!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I don't at the moment, but I'll probably find one at the Gun Show I'm going to next month. There's usually always at least one for sale that day. But, I'm hoping to find a 442 or 642.
    No matter which one I get, whether it's the P11 or the revolver, it's gonna be a backup weapon primarily.
    Honey, I forgot to duck.- Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".- Ronald Reagan

Have had a P11 for years...I did have a sticky magazine (not the original with the gun) that I keep just for the range, but the gun itself rides in a Nemesis faily often...the trigger is long but smooth, and the gun is reliable....I don't try to feed the sharpest HP's through it, but I do trust it...since, I believe, 1999 or so.

Bought one 14 years ago for $225.00 new. I only bought it because I was 21, and it was all I could afford. I knock the dust off it every now and again. Although I've actually considered trading it for ammo. I guess that doesn't say too much. Everyone has their own opinion though. What works for you, and what you are comfortable with, is what's best.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

I have one and I carry it every so often. Yes, the trigger pull is tough (8.5) but it goes bang every time I pull the trigger.
    It is not my main carry but does get into the rotation at least once a week.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal1911 View Post
    I had one. Was my main carry for a while. Sold it recently and replaced it with a SR9c which is barely any bigger but has a much better trigger and sights and is easier to shoot tight groups with. Great gun for what it is if you can deal with that heavy long trigger. Think you might want to check that trigger again OP. Mine was a lot closer to 9 lbs than 6.5.
    Nope is at 6.5 pounds. I got the P11 from my FFL/gunsmith. He did quite a bit of work on the trigger. The reset isn't that bad either.

Had one for 3 years never had an issue pocket carried in the summer all the time I just hated the dang trigger. Sold it and went with a LC9.

Kel Tec- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Kel Tec- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Kel-Tec has yet to fool me.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links