New "old" 1911 joining the Herd

This is a discussion on New "old" 1911 joining the Herd within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently found this at the Store, placed it on paid hold and picked it up yesterday (saturday the 15th) It a Norinco (yeah go ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New "old" 1911 joining the Herd

New "old" 1911 joining the Herd

I recently found this at the Store, placed it on paid hold and picked it up yesterday (saturday the 15th)
    It a Norinco (yeah go ahead and laugh) 1911A1 pistol. The S/n range is in the 3046XX so it's made around mid 80s. Parkerized and looks real clean inside. Bought the guns for 325.00 minus 10% employee discount, so that makes it out the door at 292.50 Seemed to me like a no brianer. It's tight, and yes, it has Rattlesnake grips on it. I think that's what drew me to the gun, well, including the price, cuz I'm a cheapskate. I know these guns were a very good base to make race guns, but I'm just gonna leave it the way it is and enjoy it.
    I went thru the used holster bin and found a Mitch Rosen Express holster priced at 20.00 bucks (how can ya beat that one too) less 15% so I got it for about 14.00. I'll take it out soon and let you know how it shoots.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by CLASS3NH; September 16th, 2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: spelling
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

2. Remove Ads

Showing my ignorance here, Norinco? As in the same people/group/company that made all those wonderful commie guns, the SKS?
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Showing my ignorance here, Norinco? As in the same people/group/company that made all those wonderful commie guns, the SKS?
    Yep. They did, along with a lot of other copied guns. I just hope my other guns won't segregate themselves from it. It was imported via CST of Ontario California
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Norinco made a hell of a firearm, they were especially good for project guns

There's nothing laughable about a Norinco 1911. They're one of the most desireable GI type 1911's not made in USA. You pretty much STOLE that gun... it's easily a $500 gun in my neck of the woods.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    That is an outstanding example of a consumer getting revenge on gunshop markup's.
    Nice 1911.
    kmagnuss likes this.

You definitely got a good deal. Enjoy in good health.

Very lucky, I have been looking for one locally for a long time. That is a very sought out pistol among 1911 collectors. Very well made with super hard materials. That was a steel for sure!

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Congratulations!

Nice gun but the grips have got to go.

Jim

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    Sweet slabside. Even sweeter with decent stocks. ;)

I'd take a Norinco 1911 in a heartbeat.

Good gun!

VIP Member
    Not familiar with Norinco but that is a sweet looking gun and an interesting set of grips.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Norinco has forged slide, and maybe the frame too. Good platform for bullseye gun. Coluld really set one up for very tight groups at 50ft. Mine used to really annoy the guys at the range with their Clarks. Used to give about 80-100 bucks for them back in the day.
    Colt Commander LW. I think shooting twice is just plain silly.

What most of them all said !

Back in the '90s a friend of mine on a budget was asking me about them thinking I would jump all over him about it. I pointed out to him that it was on the list of guns that Wilson Combat would use as a base gun and that was pretty high praise in my opinion. As time and money allowed he did some nice functional mods to it, and it made a really nice, accurate shooter. You got a sweet deal !
    NRA Life Member

I knew several guys that used a Norinco 1911 as a base for their full custom 1911's back in the 90's. Nothing wrong with a Norinco. Enjoy.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links