New Gun At The Range

New Gun At The Range

This is a discussion on New Gun At The Range within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought my Ruger LCP last week and had some time today to take it to the range. I picked up 50 rounds of Speer ...

New Gun At The Range

I bought my Ruger LCP last week and had some time today to take it to the range. I picked up 50 rounds of Speer Lawman ammo and went through it pretty quick. I was just shooting at bulls-eye targets and I'd say about 50% of my shots were in the 2 middle rings, and the rest were within the target. I was very pleased, especially with this being my first time shooting the gun. I made the mistake of wearing a hoodie with no shirt on underneath and I didn't realize that the cases were ejected nearly straight up over your head until I had a few go down my hoodie!

The recoil was what I had expected and I feel like I could have easily put another 50 rounds through it and my hand would have been fine. All in all, I was very happy today and cannot wait to go back. I picked up 25 rounds of Speer Gold Dot that I am going to strictly carry for defense only.
    IMG_20120917_131812.jpg

My LCP has ejected a few rounds into my face, too. My sister-in-law, who's quite a bit taller than I am, has ended up with hot casings down her shirt. The LCP is my EDC, but I generally find other things to shoot for fun Glad you're having fun with it!

Links