New EDC

This is a discussion on New EDC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Couple of years ago I had to liquidate most of my firearms due to financial reasons. The only ones I held onto were the ones ...

Thread: New EDC

New EDC

Couple of years ago I had to liquidate most of my firearms due to financial reasons. The only ones I held onto were the ones given to me by my dad. As a result, when I carry I have been carrying a full-sized 1911 which is a little heavier and bulkier than I prefer in the summer time.

Times have turned around for us and I was able to pick up a new carry gun today. I have had a long standing desire to own a P99 Compact and well, one of the S&W versions came home with me today chambered in .40 S&W.

Looking forward to getting it out to shoot this week. It also came with a nice quality SOB holster. I have never used one before but it seemed to be more comfortable than I thought it might be while wearing it around the house today. Gonna give it a trial run at the office tomorrow to see how it feels with lots of sitting.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the P99. They are nice guns. I would loose the SOB holster. It is a good way to get your spine broken.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

For normal carry I will not use the SOB but I believe it will work perfectly on Sunday mornings under a sportcoat at church. As I am the preacher I do more standing than sitting and it will stay out of sight better than most.

Congratulations, those couple of years probably felt like a couple hundred!! I had to sell my firearms at one point for financial reasons also so I know what it's like but you had to do what you had to do. I'm back up to 14 firearms (just want to get 1 more, then maybe 1 more after that)!!

Congrats! I like the .40 as a carry round.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    HK45c, Kimber Pro CDP II, Gen3 G19, Gen4 G19, Colt LE6920, Benelli SuperNova
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

I've been eyeing an SW99 recently. How is the recoil with yours?

First, I'm glad that you are back on your feet. Second, I'm glad that you are back in the game. Researching the next gun to buy can almost be as much fun (not quite) as shooting what you already own. Very glad you didn't sell the guns handed down from your dad. I think you would have regretted that.

Congrats on the new gun. Stay safe!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by redbeardsong View Post
    I've been eyeing an SW99 recently. How is the recoil with yours?
    I'd also like to know how it is.

Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    A couple of weeks ago I helped a buddy break in his new P99 (9mm) I was very Impressed!

Good trigger handled well fit my hand well & very accurate with no jams. So what's not to like?

Yeah, now I want one.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but have been doing a lot of dry fire activity. Based on how it feels in my hand I imagine it will recoil very similarly to my son's M&P .40 compact. Planning on getting out to shoot it this week...probably Friday. Also looking for a good holster for EDC.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Congrats! I have a P99 in 9mm and it's fun to shoot.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Congrats on the pistol and glad to here things are better for you.

Links