Perhaps another glock

This is a discussion on Perhaps another glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I haven't really been looking for another gun. I have my sig P220, glock 17, glock 19, and my j-frame, so in all practicality I ...

Thread: Perhaps another glock

Perhaps another glock

I haven't really been looking for another gun. I have my sig P220, glock 17, glock 19, and my j-frame, so in all practicality I have everything covered. However, today a co-worker and I were planning out the rest of our week and discussing guns in the process and he said he'd recently bought a glock to get into shooting handguns but doesn't like it. He is a shotgun "guy" and just hasn't taken to the defensive carry mindset. So, he says he'd let the gen 4 G23 with 3 mags go for $400.00. Again, I've not been looking for another gun, and to be honest, I'm not a big fan of the caliber, but, we're talking about a gun that has had less than one box of ammo ran through it for $400....so, this gets my attention.

So, I've been weighing the options of having the 23. From what I gather I could pop a 357 sig barrel in it and it would then be able to serve as two different guns basically. This is appealing as I've always had some interest in that cartridge. The downside to this is that gives me two more calibers to deal with. Then, there's the option of buying it for $400.00 and selling it for a bit of a gain to get something else in the 9mm or 45acp variety.

So, with all that said, can a guy go wrong on a $400.00, like new, G23?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by msc8127 View Post
    nope.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Is the G23 at your house yet? It should be.

Heck no! You can't go wrong with that.

You can set it up with a .357 Sig barrel, or a 9mm barrel... Or flip it and make a little bit of money towards something else.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Go get it now.

This appears to be a consensus. I will probably have to wait until the weekend to pick it up, but I can certainly tell him I will take it....time for 2 more sets of dies, brass and projectiles as well I suppose...

sent via iCarry

Good deal

I think a new g23 with three mags for $400 and no tax or other fees is an excellent buy. I've had a G23 for 10 years and it is a very useful gun.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Buy it and sell it.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

A fine deal. Snag it.

Looks to be a no brainer.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I'd probably buy it and then sell it for a Glock 32 if I was going that direction.

By the time you add a .357 SIG barrel to the $400. You will have enough for a Gen 3 or Gen 4 Glock 357.

The .357 SIG has a lot of attributes for someone looking to experiment with loads a bit
    and that wants more power than a 9mm, less recoil than a .40 and stopping power
    that rivals a .45.

You can go from light (80 grains)

to heavy (180 grains) or in between ( 115-147 grs.)

It is also More Accurate.. than any other caliber I've encountered.
    Others will tell you the same!

I like to see people buying Glocks and other pistols for it.

The 9mm Magnum they never made!

Best of luck with your eventual purchase.

KEV

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

bought the .40 Storm Lake barrel for my G32.....and well, my local GS made me a deal on a G23, factory night sights and 3 mags that was too good to pass up....so now I have both the G32 and G23.

G23 with Storm Lake barrel.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Looks like I will be picking it up Saturday. Definitely going to get a 357 Sig barrel for it.

sent via iCarry

Quote Originally Posted by msc8127 View Post
    Looks like I will be picking it up Saturday. Definitely going to get a 357 Sig barrel for it.

sent via iCarry
    You're making a wise move. You can't really go wrong.

Links