Colt Commander LW XSE 1911...Range Report - Page 2

Colt Commander LW XSE 1911...Range Report

This is a discussion on Colt Commander LW XSE 1911...Range Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some good & some "cute" posts. I always clean and lube a new gun (and especially a 1911) before spending range time, but that's me. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt Commander LW XSE 1911...Range Report

Some good & some "cute" posts. I always clean and lube a new gun (and especially a 1911) before spending range time, but that's me. My only advice to you would have been, if you weren't going to clean it, at least lube it up good before hitting the range. 1911s appreciate (and operate much more reliably) if the rails, sear (a drop of oil at the front of the hammer will run down to where you want it), and barrel hood are liberally lubed. But thanks for your report and I'm happy that you seem satisfied with the Colt. My LW CCO is my preferred carry weapon and it has been reliable with all ammo types, including JHPs.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

"4. As a family-friendly forum, we ask that you keep your language clean, exactly as we hope you would when addressing respected elders. Creative workarounds (the use of special characters to replace some letters) on language are not allowed. Violators of this rule will be warned once; those repeatedly breaking this rule will have their accounts permanently revoked. NOTE: Links to off site material will be held to our family-friendly standard, as well."

Trivial though it may be, all the "POS" comments have now been modified though it's a bit wearisome to remove so many examples in a single thread. It is actually a creative work-around and consistency is desired so we'll have a short break to review Forum Rule No. 4. Y'all make this review a group effort. No individual PMs necessary at this time.

Cool Colt by the way.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links