Tell me about your out of the box lemons - Page 3

Tell me about your out of the box lemons

This is a discussion on Tell me about your out of the box lemons within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Walther P99...took it straight to he range after one mag realized that it was firing wild shots, even from a benchrest all landed low left ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tell me about your out of the box lemons

Walther P99...took it straight to he range after one mag realized that it was firing wild shots, even from a benchrest all landed low left with no real grouping. Took it back to the dealer, he fired a few and figured out the barrel was warped. Got a new one and a prepaid visa with $200 and an apology from the LGS owner. 300+ rounds no problems.

10thmtn that may be true, but these folks told me I would have to pay to have it shipped and as I said this was a brand new gun right out of the box. If I buy something new and it dose not work I expect the seller to make it right or give me my money back. They had my money and all I had was a gun that would not work . When I spend a few hundred bucks for something I expect it to do what I bought it to do.
    I bought a Tarus .380 at another shop and it would not feed any ammo without two or three jams per mag. I took it back and they exchanged it for a LCP and threw in a extra mag for my trouble. That is what I call customer service.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Bought one of the first Remington 1187's what PETA piece of junk that was! Did'ent matter what choke what load if a bird got up in front of that "shotgun" it was safe.

Bought a SIG c3 1911 that thing wouldent run but it would crack those SIG MIM barrel bushings.

When I was 13 or 14 I saved for half a year & bought a Winchester model 190 .22 (new) a jammer, back to the factory two maybe three times & at least twice to different gunsmiths and every time 4, 5 rounds a jam! Still have it, could never bring myself to trade off . Guess I don't like to make people mad.

I'm sure I have made myself forget some others.

That's what I like about hunters & shooters, if they get a firearm that's a lemon they are not shy about telling the world & I think that's why we do have so many good firearms on the market today!

Three different Taurus polymer pistols. PT145, PT111, 24/7 Pro. First two a live round in the chamber, seized the slide, sheared off the safety.....FUBAR. The 24/7 couldn't hit paper at two feet and was a complete jam-o-matic.

Several trips to Miami, and they all came back fine and have had no issues since. Local GS offered me $100 for each of them.....so I still have two of them. I gave the PT111 to my ex-wife as a going away present. heheheheh....paybacks can be had in very mysterious ways.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Colt Commander LW XSE. First 50 rounds shot fine, next rounds would not fire after 1st rd in mag was shot. Felt like safety was engaged. Had to pull hammer further down and then fire single shots repeating this. Took it to GS he polished sear spring, and mainspring. Ran fine after that. Only 150 rds through it thus far.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I had a Walther PPKS that went full auto right our of the box on me. It was a Interarms import.
    A couple yrs back, I bought a AMT Backup, with nice scrimshaw grips on it, only to do the very same thing.
    Go to Youtube and type AMT Backup full auto and you'll see it. My son recorded it. 6 rnds in about a half second. LOL
    and YES, I brought it back and had it fixed hehehehe
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I have a Firestorm 1911 that I started competing with. I could rely on it to FTE or FTF pretty frequently. I bought the other kind of pistiol brand new and right out of the box it never FTE or FTF. I thought something was wrong with it so after a lot of research I bought these things called snap caps. Apparently if you load one or two of these randomly in a magazine you can make the gun simulate what some people call a malfunction therefore allowing you to learn how to address these "malfunctions" in the heat of battle. These snap caps are miraculous. I can get this pistol to act kinda like my 1911 whenever I want to and If I don't feel like using the snap caps I just have to put up with the pistol firing every time I pull the trigger. I later bought another of this same pistol but smaller, it acts the same way. Hey, it can't rain all of the time.

Any guesses on what other pistol I bought?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

1911's well represented here I see.

My Sigma, never did fire, don't know why not, returned it to store. No more s and w for me
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Beretta 84 FS.

Beautiful pistol, very unreliable.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I had a Walther PPKS that went full auto right our of the box on me. It was a Interarms import.
    A couple yrs back, I bought a AMT Backup, with nice scrimshaw grips on it, only to do the very same thing.
    Go to Youtube and type AMT Backup full auto and you'll see it. My son recorded it. 6 rnds in about a half second. LOL
    I'd have looked for bigger mags!
    rammerjammer and Fisher10 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    There's some problems that aren't bad to have... just kidding :D

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    1911's well represented here I see.

My Sigma, never did fire, don't know why not, returned it to store. No more s and w for me
    I don't know what your talking about... Heh heh

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Springfield XDs,was a lemon out of the box and was a lemon after warranty service - gun would not feed,light primer strikes. Traded it off for another brand
    GSG 1911.22 Kaboomed in my face,slide cracked ..hurt too...got a new slide and sold the POS and bought another brand

Easy to make a gun work even when its got a flaw,problem is some companies are in denial

No one seems to have any Glock complaints.
    joker1, grouse and blitzburgh like this.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    Oh no, I hope you didn't give up on the lc9. I bought a brand new one in augest. 350 rounds and not a single issue.
    I got rid of it and bought an all metal gun. I bought a Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro and have put hundreds of rounds through it and have never had a failure of any kind with it.

The quality of the Bersa is much better than the Ruger was.
    Foo909 likes this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links